Sign in to follow this  

Debonair.. flap warning

Guest Kurt

not a big deal, but I got rid of the warning by changing this line in the aircraft.cfg file.under the (Flaps.0) sectionfromflaps-position.2=37..999, 0.000 toflaps-position.2=37.999, 0.000 ** **removed the second period after =37Kurt :-wave

More generally,How do you get ride of the silly message that sometimes appear to the screen, some kind of warning used in the POSKY 767 and Debonair... Greetings Minos

Guest wkzzo

What silly message would that be. I dont get any messages with the debonair or the poskey 767

What is the "flap warning problem" with the Debonair? I've heard about it but havn't experienced any problem. Just curious in case it does crop up. David

I also get the flaps overspeed warning message, I am running fs2k2 proIt doesn't bother me in the slightest though, no problems getting this baby down on one notch of flaps..... thanks a million Geofa.. your'e a good man.Pete(edited to correct stupidity)

Guest artl

When you select the "second notch" (full flaps) while at 80 knotsor so, you will get a message to the effect that you are"overspeed" and the flaps will not set. Then after you landand are taxiing to a stop, the flaps will suddenly deploy.The entry in aircraft.cfg seems to be the culpritArt.

Except it doesn't happen on both my machines ! I should point out however 80 kts. is probably too fast-final landing approach at the point full flaps are put down should be 69 kts. or 79 mph-try those numbers before putting down full flaps and see if that takes care of it.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest artl

You probably fixed your aircraft.cfg :-lol By the way have you seen this post/thread re the nav-gps gauge?http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/4606.html#6I haven't seen anything like that...I do have a tiny issue at startup when the deb is the a/cin the default flight, but it starts up and runs okayin spite of that. I am still looking for a reason before I post anything about it.Art.

I am using the default aircraft cfg that was uploaded to everyone-so did the 10 beta testers.I will clarify again-the b33 gauge that caused troubles for a few was removed-it doesn't exist anymore. If the patch is properly applied it isn't a factor-it is history.The problem stated would have nothing to do with this.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest artl

mmm that would suggest some sort of different tolerance for thatdouble-dot in the cfg file from one system over another....Based on the content of that other thread, it did not appear thatthey were talking about the b33 problem, 'cause the symptoms weredifferent, and I dont think they would have called the HSI (which was the problem b33 gauge) as beingthe "nav gps" gauge (which I took to mean the custom nav-gpsswitch below the HSI).Anyway, that's the only thread I've seen that suggested there was a problemwith it, and I just thought I'd point it out to you, in case youmissed it.Haven't had any problem here with it, and yes, the deb has turnedinto the all-time favourite aircraft, bar none.... Art.

Agreed-I haven't had time to check out the double dot...However-try the airspeed also-could be following real word airspeeds are also are the trick. The nav/gps is xml so highly doubtful that would cause a problem. The hsi I gor reports about (12) about-thus the reason for the "patch".Thanks for the nice words-don't worry about posting "bugs"-its just awfully hard to tell sometimes what is a bug or an end user problem. With almost 5000 downloads-most not reporting problems it is hard to get at the root of those who do have them.Thanks,Geofhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif