Sign in to follow this  

Announcement: InfoMETAR version 1.403

Guest DSandberg

InfoMETAR 1.403 is nearing the end of beta testing, and is expected to be released shortly!Major new features of the forthcoming version include:1) A new "Thicken" weather processing functionality that improves on the accuracy of the older "Thin" functionality, by importing duplicate copies of each selected weather report in order to increase its interpolation weighting.2) Automatic download and decoding of NOAA's forthcoming AFJ weather data reporting format, which provides combined METAR and winds/temperatures aloft data formatted specifically for use by simulation programs. Soon to be available from the NOAA FTP server, AFJ reports will contain both the current and forecast weather for each station along with encoded algorithmic curves for the predicted rate of change for each element, allowing programs to gradually modify WX conditions over time for realistic, precise and dynamically evolving weather simulation.3) Several new optional methods of displaying weather data on the InfoMETAR map window, including the current station model system, color-coded weather areas as in Fly!, regional aggregate weather symbology, or (for casual simmers) a friendly nature character shown in various descriptive and entertaining vignettes (such as huddled beneath an umbrella for rainy conditions, or chasing his hat for high winds).4) Compatibility with Fly! 1.0, Fly2K, Fly II, MS Flight Simulator 2002, MS Combat Flight Simulator 3, Flight Unlimited 3, X-Plane 6.51, Pro Pilot 99, Elite 7.0, Crimson Skies, Freelancer and Diablo II. (Note that not all InfoMETAR features are supported by all of the above programs.)More information about InfoMETAR 1.403 will be coming soon![table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0][tr][td width=320]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif[/td][td width=170 align=center]IT'S APRIL 1ST, SILLY![/td][/tr][/table]

Hi David,oh man, that sounds really exciting! Looking forward to FLY in all kinds of weather...and leave my hat on. :-)Take care & peace,Rodger

David,Thanks for the info regarding version 1.403I'm already looking forward towards those flights under infoMETAR conditions.Frank

Hi David,That's great news! Considering the quality of your work, I have no doubt this will be another quality addition to the flightsim family!

Randall Rocke

Guest tonyc

Hi, David. Great news. When metar files fail to downloaded due to server difficulty, you may have an option to generate random weather automatically for that specific flight plan. You may have an option to try to download a number of times before the random option is excercised.tony

'thicken...' that's rich, just rich!never knew the dungeouns in Diablo II supported big fluffy white clouds.mog

With this beein out so soon Im a going to lookin for it maybe yes. I have it patched to it all is you there right. Im gonna fly in the high winds that take me up so with the blast of it Im up for good. Its so good you have makin this new tool in fly as I will go up as hi in the sky with it. Gliders are good as they are blue to my enviroment here in my land were I live in my town were I was born by my mum, so do I find it on the net or do I have to add it myself in my meta as it is my area that I live. I now got my weather from the cmm . com and it helps with me you know.I like it with small gusts up my back end were it helps me go.Chow Ivor Bigne