Sign in to follow this  

See through scenery

Does anyone know what causes this?Here is a problem I have been having with Big Bear Lake, CA. In the foreground is the lake, the furthest portion of which we are seeing through. Behind that, the mountains which surround the lake. (In other words, all I should see here, is the mountains at the top, and the lake.)http://home.earthlink.net/~scissors2/fly/s...ns/fly!0017.jpgWhen I slew up, you can see, the mountains which were partially visible through the lake, are in distant background. http://home.earthlink.net/~scissors2/fly/s...ns/fly!0018.jpgHere, at CCB there is a hill in between me and the airport youre seeing in the distance. I see this problem all the time with any/all airports in the distance. http://home.earthlink.net/~scissors2/fly/s...ns/fly!0020.jpgI have terrascened the area, with water mask/night lights. Is the water mask the problem? Is there a cure?Thx

I actually do see splits in Terrascened areas...usually between globe tiles. I often notice it in mountain areas where a Terrascened tile meets a default tiles. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it, so I've been watching your posts for answers as well. Sorry I don't have an answer, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone! :)

This is 'near' a globe tile edge... but not 'at' one. There is atleast 1 super tile in between. Likewise, were looking 'south west', and the globe tile edge/corner is behind us.I have about 15 things on my plate right now, so havent had the time to see if it happens without the terrascene. Im affraid what Im going to have to do is completely remove the water mask. :/(actually though, I have water features disabled (tried both ways to see), so not sure if that would even help)Thanks for the responses you two. Its good to atleast know Im not alone.

Actually, it sounds like both of you are having 'tearing' problems.The thread he just posted mentions what is involved in fixing that problem. I've had to edit some TRN files by hand, and I'll tell you, its only worth it for your most VALUEABLE sceneries. LOL. Big headache...What im seeing is not tearing. It pretty much disappears as I get very close to the tile. (Like 1/4 mile) For example, I can fly into that lake, and about half the lake will appear see-through like this... as I proceed across the lake, the edge of the see through portion, creeps further away (in tile increments), so that it always remains roughly 1/4 mile ahead of my location. As I reach the edge of the lake... back to normal scenery.Its just water areas. :/Just thought I'd add, the direction I am flying make no difference, its always the far side of the lake.