Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

The graphic quality of PC controlled airplanes

Guest ben_

LeenIt certainly looks a very promising technique.Are frame rates affected ?Ben

Hi Ben,Are framerates affected? You`re asking.An honest answer can only be yes , when we give our videocard more work to do,it never can make the framerat increase.Normally all PC-controlled aircrafts are based on te med-res.acm and the mid-res.tif of the planes.BUT nearly all my repaints( and many others) use only a highres.tif.I did many tests on differend computers and I never met any problem with the framerate.There have been more than two- thousand downloads of my repaints and nobody ever complained.The MTHP ( Multi-Tif-Hocus-Pocus ) is something wich has nothing to dowith the med and low res files wich are used on other models.When you unpod Damn Yankee you`ll find one high-res tif and twomed-res tif`sThe big difference is the way these files are used.With the most planes the highres tif is used for the plane at short distance and the med and low tif for greater distances.With MTHP all tifs are used the same time for all views at all distances.The highres tif is used for the model and the extra tifs ( 526x526 or even smaller down to 32x32)are used for details on the model.When you look closer to the unpodded Damn Yankee you`ll find a high-resacm file AND a med-res acm ,file BUT the med-res file is a copy of the highres acm , just named med-res to fool the program.Funny detail:When you unpod Weavers you`ll find only one TIF and two acm files.Try to find out whats happening here yourself.This is MTHP with one TIF ( you could say Mono-Tif-Hocus-Pocus in this case)RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

a little correction.the third line should say:Normally all PC-controlled aircrafts are based on te med-res.acm and the med-res.tif of the planes

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi,When I introduced my Damn Yankee to you , I told you about thequality of this plane when it is used by FLY as a pc controlled aircraft.I managed to make some shots.Two shots from Damn Yankee and two shots from Weavers (by Gunnar van der Meeren)wich is based on the same MTHP technique.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints