Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cessna_Flyer

Can Fly!II TS2 scenery be converted to Fly!2K scenery?

Guest Cessna_Flyer

I recently found a scenery set that I wanted. The only problem is that it is a Fly!II .tsp file. Is there some way I can use this in Fly!2K?

Yes and no - it matters what kind of project it is, whether there was any custom work included and of what type.If the project included no special files (shapefiles, etc.) and no custom editing of rendered images, there's not even any sense of you using the project - just start TS, lock in the scenery area and start the render.If the project included custom images, no - you can't use it, as the images would have a resolution of 7.5 m/p and Fly!2K is at 15 m/p. Same deal with a Fly!II custom water mask - you can't use it.Now, if the project included USGS data, shapefiles or a combination of shapefiles/USGS data with no custom images, yes - you could convert it to use with Fly!2K. You would need to take the following steps:1. Under Load Render Options, you'll need to change the Render Pak to one that is compatible with Fly!2k at 15 m/p. Save.2. Under Project Options, check that the Image resolution is now set to 15 m/p - if not, change it manually. Save.3. Open the Digital Maps window. Being careful not to move any of the shapefiles (in their order), select each manually-added file in turn, click the Edit Map button and reassign all of the geographic elements to the desired texture or line in your new render pak. You'll need to do this with every one of them, as they are currently assigned to Fly!II textures. When finished, click Done. Save.4. If there was a custom water mask, remove it from the output folder - you'll need to generate your own.5. Open the Render window and set all the appropriate parameters - do not select "use existing" - you've got to cook it all fresh for Fly!2K.Render.

Randall Rocke

Guest Cessna_Flyer

The scenery I was thinking about is co-steamboat.zip (Steamboat Springs, CO) by Steve K. I don't know how to deal with those conversion-specific details you mentioned. Maybe you could tell me if this is a file that can be converted or not.

I'm out of town on a staff retreat with my job - I'll be happy to check out that package when I return.

Randall Rocke

Guest Cessna_Flyer

No problem. Thanks! :-shy :-shy