Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Automatic Spoiler Deployment Problem

Hi,What is required to get the spoilers in a 737 or A320, for example, to deploy automatically during landing? They show armed on the panel, but they do not deploy. I've made very sure to retard the throttles on the joystick and even pushed the F1 key, but to no avail.Thank you,Kurt

Hi,I tried it again without even activating autothrottles, and am sure the wheels "contacted", but they don't deploy.Is there some sort of command that is supposed to be present in the aircraft.cfg file?Thanks,Kurt

If you are using a joystick, it may be causing the problem. Signal noise in your computer could be causing fs2002 to think you don't have your throttle to minimum. Download and install FSUIPC, read the User's guide on joysticks, and calibrate your joystick with the instructions given.

Hi!Now that you mention it, I started using a new joystick about two weeks ago and that is when the autospoilers stopped working. Thanks so much for the advice, and I'll check that out as you said.Best regards,Kurt

Guest Pabra

I've read somewhere if the touchdown is too smooth the spoilers don't work, e.g. the sim did not recognize the landing? This happens to me sometimes, I usually make firm landings!:-boom

If you did get a new joystick and install it, FS2002.cfg probably has several joystick sections, one from the old joystick and one for the new joystick.I recommend you cut and paste your FS2002.cfg file to a safe place on your harddrive, restart fs2002, it will regenerate a new fs2002.cfg. Next, setup your joystick buttons the way you like. Lastly, calibrate your joystick in accordance with the FSUIPC instructions.

I agree with the soft landing isue. I also feel that sometimes "cycling" the spiolers makes a difference. I perform a functional test of the spoilers when taxing out from the ramp before departure. This is normal checklist procedure in real world.Regards,Tom