Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Laurent, can I create new bgl files without fs2002?

Guest tonyc

Your examples on how to add fs flight plans is wonderful. But do we need a full installation of fs2002? can I simply create a folder for fs2002? I have fs2002, but I removed since I rarely fly its planes.thanks.tony

Hi all,Yes, Tonic, as you wrote, just place two bgl files (traffic and taxipark ones) in a brand new folder :C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBatcscenery...BGLas if FS2002 were in your main root.Then place tools (ttools and taxipark tools) anywhere and decompile bgl file.You can modify them, then compile them again : you'll find new compiled files in the last fs folder you create.You can use fs bgl files if you want but you need to modify aircraft.txt fs file because ai aircrafts are differents in fly!Hope this dll, tools and idea will please to you...and ah !: thanks to Lee Swordy for his ttools.LC

Guest tonyc

Yes, very much, Laurent. This is a lot of fun, and as I make new and interesting flight plans, I'll upload them for others.thank you again.tony

Well, it seems that longitude isn't formatted well ?!?...I'll check that and post any modification soon if necessary.Thanks for having pointed that out.LC

Hi Tonyc,The problem is fixed now and I'll send a v2.0 for the coordinates tool as soon as the library will be "open".Thanks again.LC

Guest tonyc

this is great. I will also test some of the fs tools add ons to see if making flight plans for FLY2 gets easier. thank you.tony

Guest tonyc

Hi, Laurent. I have the bgl files working properly now. Perhaps you can explain why I keep getting incorrect coordinates. I've tried everything, but to no avail.thanks.tony