Sign in to follow this  

C4TO Version 3.2 "Patch"

Hi everyone,I've uploaded a new version, but only in patch format. For this version, you must use ALT+F to start a new ATC session. I've tested this version using LIRF to LIRP without any problems. I could not test using LFPJ because it didn't exist (?!) in my database. Perhaps I read it wrong? It also works with S05 to KLM. These were the problem airports that were identified. They are now handled in a more realistic manner.If you depart from an uncontrolled airport, you file your flight plan with C4TO using ALT+F. You then switch to UNICOM and use normal UNICOM protocols to get yourself up into the air. Once you are about 3,000' up, you can switch to center frequency and check in. If you depart from an controlled airport that has no departure control, you file your flight plan with C4TO using ALT+F. You then switch to ground, and then to tower to receive clearance to take off. Once in the air, you will remain on the tower frequency until the tower hands you off to center. Once the transition occurs, you can switch to center frequency and check in. If you arrive at an airport that has no approach control, center will hand you over directly to the tower controller. If you arrive at an uncontrolled airport, the center controller (or the approach controller, though this should never happen as near as I can tell) will ask you to cancel IFR at your earliest convenience. After this point, the center controller will no longer direct your flight and you are free to get yourself down on the ground as you see fit.I'm sure there are still bugs in this monster, so let me know.Cheers, Tony

Ahh, this is exactly what I was in need of RE: uncontrolled airports! Thanks

Guest tonyc

Just flew a beautiful flight from kpvd to mvyn. ATC did the work beautifully, including proper vectoring and runways picks relative to wind direction. good work, Tony. I'll keep on testing for bugs.tony

Hallo and thank you Dr Tony,I have been testing C4TO 3.2 and it looks to me ,it`s working very well now.Leaving EHRD and transferring to center goes OK now.I did not start the C4TO session with ALT+F but with CTRL+ALT+/and it worked all te same.I did not notice the new start-command(just replaced the two files and rushed into testing) but strangly it worked anyhow.Can you explain this and what must I do????????RegardsLeen de Jager/Netherlands

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest roland_lfor

Many thanks for you (hard) great job Tony.A few things :If I use a jumbo (like the 757) on an airport wich have 2 runways, a short and a long one, then if the wind direction leads the choice of the short runway, C4TO says "No suitable runway found".Don't you think that a suitable runway should be the priority choice before wind direction choice ?It's the like the priority of ILS runways regarding wind direction choice.A bug : (but it was on V3.1 patch - perhaps it's already corrected ?)If you have already engage the conversation with ATC and then restart C4TO with Ctrl-Alt-/, when you try to re-engage with Ctrl-A Ctrl-C Fly! crash.I hope that you will plan to integrate the real Fly! around traffic for a future release (as it exists in the embedded Fly! ATC).It would then offer us a full ATC replacement solution.What about the ATIS service ?I know, it's easy for me to ask :-)Thanks again for your efforts

Hi Leen,I left the CTRL+ALT+/ key stroke command in for those who had gotten used to it. It is purely synonymous with ALT+F. Either one works.Cheers, Tony

Regarding your first point...I'll fix the runway selection problem. Right now I'm very restrictive when it comes to choosing an acceptable runway. I'm thinking that I'm going to change my logic so that the runways are first ranked based on wind direction. And then I'll start eliminating runways that don't qualify until either I run out of runways or a suitable runway is found. I might make the selection restrictiveness a configurable property. Not sure right now.Regarding your second point...Not sure if this is still a bug either. If you encounter it again with 3.2 let me know. I'll also try to remember to test that case.Regarding your third point..."I hope that you will plan to integrate the real Fly! around traffic for a future release (as it exists in the embedded Fly! ATC).It would then offer us a full ATC replacement solution."I'm actually not entirely clear on what you mean here. Can you elaborate a bit?Regarding your fourth point...I'm already working on an ATIS implementation. However, it is some way off from completion. Can't really even give a good estimate of how long it will take yet either. However, I have it on the burner.Cheers, Tony

Hi Brad,Let me know if flying into and out of uncontrolled airports works OK for you. At present, I don't really handle VFR flight, so there may be some quirkiness. I'm willing to expend some unspecified amount of effort to improve the uncontrolled airport logic. So, fire away with your observations and I'll see what I can do.Cheers, Tony

Glad to hear it Tony!Cheers, Dr. "ATC" Tony

Hi Tony:I asked this question in one of the earlier posts, but never received a reply so I'll ask again.When flying below 10,000 ft., ATC tells me to slow down until my TAS (True Air Speed), not my IAS (Indicated Air Speed) is below 250knots.Is this correct?Thanks in advance,Robert

Guest dajackman

Just did a short flight with this version. Here are the small problems I had. I was told to desend and maintain 5000. When I reached 5000 I was told to check my alititude. He did this to each time I was told to desend. The Center never handed me off to approch. However I was able to by myself (Alt-A, Alt-C)I tested a missed approch, the ATC seemed to vector me too fast. I remember this was a problem with C4TO 2.x also, can't remember how it was fixed. Thanks again for all your effert. Hope this helps.

Hi Robert,I'm sorry I missed your other post. Please accept my apologies.As far as your question is concerned, I have it coded to look only at TAS. This is one case where I'm not entirely sure what's right. I can certainly have the logic base its speed restrictions on IAS. I am willing to entertain comments on this point.Cheers, Tony

Ah yes, the altitude problem. I keep forgetting to fix this one. I solemnly swear to fix this problem...or not. :-)Cheers, Tony

Hi Tony,>"I hope that you will plan to integrate the real Fly! around >traffic for a future release (as it exists in the embedded >Fly! ATC). >It would then offer us a full ATC replacement solution." >>I'm actually not entirely clear on what you mean here. Can >you elaborate a bit? Not trying to put words in his mouth here, but I guess he means using C4TO to control other AI aircrafts in addition to giving directions to the player's aircraft. Seems like an integrated scheme could be created with a single ATC engine controlling everything. It could tell you to hold short for landing traffic when there really was landing traffic, or give you vectors to avoid traffic that really existed, and so forth.John/madmax

I've got a fix for this one. I wasn't even paying attention to the question. D'oh! The speed that shows up on a controller's screen is an aircraft's ground speed. So, I'll use ground speed on which to base speed restrictions.