Sign in to follow this  

Need help with video card.

Hi all,Several months ago I built a new computer and also installed WinXP. That was a big mistake. Went back to WinME. Anyway when I had XP some how I lost everything on several drives including FlyII. Today I decided to reinstall FlyII. I think I have everything updated correctly (four patches). When I start the program and get to the main program and move the mouse, there are plus (+) signs left all over the screen. Could someone post their render ini file for an ATI 9700 pro? I think this is the one that is giving me this problem.Thanks,Ed

Guest DSandberg

This isn't a solution to your problem, but I'm curious about what specifically made you go back to WinME from WinXP. I'm running WinME as well (with no complaints), and as you know anyone and everyone usually insist that WinME is the worst Microsoft OS ever while WinXP is supposedly the best. I'm interested to know what specific issue(s) caused you to revert to WinME, since I may be looking at the very same decision within a few months.[table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0][tr][td width=320]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif[/td][td width=170 align=center]Godspeed to our friend, Richard Harvey.[/td][/tr][/table]

Guest CaptainJ

Hi there,Make sure that you have adjust the line vertexIndexFormat=1tovertexIndexFormat=0in your render.inithat solved my problem with the ATI 9600TX

Guest pilotsim7828

CaptinJ , Is correct on the Vertex Info. I Am ruuning Windows XP with ATI Raedeon 8500DV. And had the same problem. As of yet after the Ini change , I have had no problems. Jeff Akins:-)

Hi,The first problem I had was with my modem. I have 2 good modems, the first a USR would only connect for a couple of minutes and then disconnect. The other is a Modem Blaster which would connect and after about twenty minutes would slow down untill it got to the point that I couldn't do anything unless I reconnected. New drivers for the Modem BLaster did not help. The second problem I had was with the built in cd burner program that comes with XP. The first time worked great. The second time I went to use it, instead of burning the cd, it erased the files. These were large files that I had to redownload.The biggest problem I had was after 2 days, XP would not let me access my D,E, or F drives. I only have the C drive for running the os. I reinstalled WinME but still couldn't access the other drives. Had to reformat all of them and reinstall everything. That's when I lost everything pertaining to FlyII.Also my printer would not work under XP.Never had a problem with WinME in all the years I have used it. Ed

Thanks to both of you, that took care of the problem.Ed

Guest pilotsim7828

The HCL ( Hardware Compatitbility List) does make It hard to get things to work in XP, But there are a lot of things that can be installed , And still work.I had a printer that ,I had to download drivers for because of HCL, But it works now. I alway check the list for uncompatitablitiy, And it tells me that everything will not work, But when I install the software , To my surprise , It works Good Luck Jeff Akins

I run ME fine... I heard tons of bad news about it, and was totally disinterested in it. A friend even gave me a copy which I left sitting around for quite a while, until I 'had' to upgrade for USB support.*shrug* What was all the bad rap about? I agree... its just a glorified 98, which is just a glorified 95. But its not THAT bad...