Sign in to follow this  

Lights

I purchased a new computer and installed Fly!2. The frame rates andgraphics are great except I have black boxes around all lights. Thisincludes the Sun and Moon as well as aircraft and runway lights.I have installed all patches. I am using the Nvidia Ti4200 graphicscard and Windows XP. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Guest CaptainJ

Hi,Have you downloaded the latest video drivers (Detonator) and DirectX? Maybe that solves the problem, at least 9 out of the 10 times ;)

Hi,Thanks for the info. I have installed the latest video card driversand dx9. I even tried the Windows XP program compatability wizard.Still no joy.

Guest tonyc

Try an older driver. I use 16.30 because my g3ti200 didn't like the later drivers. Also play with the vertex index in the render.ini. I always forget what the right value, 0 or 1 , should be. But play with it. You're a very small step from a perfect screen.tony

There were some discrepancies with the opacity layers for sun/moon/towers/ etc. Several minor fixes were posted to the library addressing these particular problems, if I remember correctly. Try a search on Frank Racis, whom was the main contributor. Hope this helps!Cheers,Ken Wood:-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Thanks for the suggestion. I did find some great information. I then installed the final patch and that did the trick. I appreciate the responses to the questions in this forum. They make simming much moreenjoyable. Thanks,Ernest