Sign in to follow this  
Harald_Kraft

Dodersberg LOAB; Harald Kraft

Harald,I first downloaded LOAN / LOAN 1.1 which is excellent, thanks.Have downloaded LOABV1.2 and for some reason can't get the models/buildings to appear and the plane 'runs' along the runway vertically with the nose in the runway if I start at LOAB!I have tried to follow your instructions in the read-me text but get confused at No4. I'm running the FlyII generic textures and am not sure which, if any, of the Loan files should be replaced.Approaching LOAB from LOAN I also get the rays of light error which appear to diverge from a single point. If I knew how to do a screenshot I would show you both problems.:-zhelp

HiIf you unzip this szenery, don't select the checkbox "keep path" or you will end up with a lot of different subdirectories. There went something wrong when I made the ZIP-File.If you have not installed the OE-OST scenery from Helmut Mayer forget about item 4b.Just place the the Files LOABV1.POD, D010167.pod and LOAB.SCF direct into your Fly!IIsceneryAustria sub-directory.If you teleport, the plane crashes. I never foun out why. teleprt in "Slew"-Mode or press repair (Should be CTRL R)to place the Aircraft.I have never seen the "rays of light" error. Have you added the entries for 32x32 textures in your render.ini ?Let me know, if this helpsHarald

Harald,Thanks for the reply. I have now installed LOAN,LOUV,LOAU, LOGF and LOAB.All of them are working except for LOAB. When I fly there no buildings are visible. I even tried deleting and re-installing with no luck. The 'rays of light ' are still present.I wonder if anyone has had these problems. If someone could tell me how to get and post a screenshot I could show you.:-zhelp

Harald,Have finally figured out how to do screen shots, these are two from Dodersberg showing where the aircraft ends up once the flightplanner is opened.:-zhelp

Hi,In my opinion there are 2 Problems:1.) The airplane crashes: I know this problem (it also happens on my PC) and I have no idea what's the reason. With the repairfunction (i think CTRL R) after the crash your aircraft should be on the runway.2.) the scenery does not show. Please check via the detailwindow (as in your "wrong" screenshot), if you see the data of Dobersberg or if there was a problem importing the .DEX-Files. Maybe you can post these screenshot also.Harald

Harald,Here are three screenshots approaching Dodersberg. Today the 'rays of light' were not present.:-beerchug

Hi,Now we know: your database-updates and the the taxiway.pod are OK.Next steps:1.) Do you use OE-OST.POD from Helmut Mayer ? In this case you you have to add an entry in his OE-OST.SCF file: Just copy the 2 lines ---- 3d models pod file LOAB ----LOABV1.podfrom LOAB.SCF into OE-OST.SCF and remove LOAB.SCF.2.) If you do not use OE-OST.POD from Helmut Mayer. Check if LOAB.SCF and LOABV1.POD are in the same subdirectory.3.) Where do the trees come from on the 3rd screenshot ? The are not part of my scenery. Perhaps there is a .SCF-File covering an larger area. In this case, Fly won't load LOAB.SCF. 4.) Please check, if you have a subdirectory D010167 in your datafolder. There should be none.Happy EasterHarald

Harald,I have LOAB.scf and LOABV1 as well as D010167 in the same scenery subfolder.I uninstalled superquick which could have added the trees but still no buildings at Dodersberg.Any more suggestions?Thanks,:-wave

Hi,1.) Have you installed oe-ost.zip by Helmut Mayer ?2.) Try to place an object with the Fly!II Editor (Ctrl- E). If this works, the problem must be in the scf-file.Harald

Harald,I have not installed oe-ost.zip.Is it necessary and,if so,where dose one download it?Thanks,:-beerchug

Hi,It is not necessary. I just wanted to make sure there is no compatibility problem.Please send me your LOAB.scf, LOABV1.POD and D010167.pod file, so I can try it on my computerHarald

Thank you for these files. You are right, it does not work and I have not found a solution yet.But there is a Workaround. Download and install oe-ost.zip by Helmut Mayer, DownloadID 17892 from AVSIM.Make sure, there are (only) the following files in your sceneryaustria subfolder:LOAN.PODLOABV1.PODLOGFV1_1.PODLOAUV1.PODOe-ost.PODOE-OST.SCFRemove all other files from this directory.Your OE-OST.SCF-file should look like this: ==== Begin Scenery File ==== ---- scenery set name ----Oesterreich Ost ---- coverage area lower left ----45 00 00.00 N12 00 00.00 E ---- coverage area upper right ----49 30 00.00 N17 30 00.00 E ---- load lower left ----44 30 00.00 N11 30 00.00 E ---- load upper right ----50 00 00.00 N18 00 00.00 E ---- Mesh scenery Austria ----oe-ost.pod ---- 3d models pod file LOAN ----loan.pod ---- 3d models pod file LOAB ----LOABV1.pod ---- 3d models pod file LOGF ----LOGFV1_1.POD ---- 3d models pod file LOAU ----LOAUV1.POD ==== End Scenery File ====SorryHarald

Guest pczerny

Hi HaraldI do not know wether you got my e-mail for converting your above MSFS files into X-PLANE files.PLEASE mail me on : p.czerny@bluewin.chit is really important for me,regards paul