Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

My first flight plan with dynamic planes

Guest tonyc

Not bad. I managed to edit a flight plan and a taxi park, the two txt files that can be compiled into new bgl files for FLY2 to have AI traffic ala fs2002. The results were mixed. The plane started in a building, due to discrepancies in the coordinates. It taxied pretty well and then took off before it got onto the runway. This is partly because I did not have enough coordinate point( I guess the last coordinates should be at the point of actual liftoff, not at the beginning of the runway). We all know that taxiways, runways don't match exactly. This may be mitigated once one gets a feel for it. Otherwise, I encourage all of you out there to play with it. If you don't have fs2002, simply create a directory as if you had it installed. The rest is taking the ai txt files included with the dll that our friends at ROTW made available and editing them. The bgl compiler is easy to use and it will tell you if there's an error. My hope is that once I have a decent txt file, I will upload it. I need some more practice, though. There are a number of fs2002 tools that make AI editing and generation easier, but I have not figured out how they can be used for FLY2. tony

Guest Steve Brown

Tonyc you should find two flags in the departure array : 22 and 30.22 stands for acceleration and 30 for takeoff.The runway path should be divided in 2 parties or 2 legs. Starting point on runway then a leg for acceleration. Last point is for t/o.Actually takeoff point should be situated 2/3 or 3/5 from the beginning...I reserved more flags for future versions.LaurentPS : I'm working on pa28 and bonanza ai aircrafts

Guest chezz

Laurent,Does C4TO recognize these aircraft. They are showing in the map but I was wondering if ATC knows that they are there. I installed your KPSP AI traffic it seems that air canada remain suspended above LAX.Another question are these aircraft visible from one's cockpit view. I tried to follow the C172 but I cant see it.Thanks chris

Guest tonyc

Hi, Laurent. Keep them coming. I have been working with some fstraffic tools for fs2002 to speed up database work. I am getting closer and better at it. Quick question: I notice that when a flight plan plane lands at the destination airport, its altitude is 50000 feet. Dumb question, but am I supposed to do a taxi park for the destination as well? I think I know the answer....tony

Hi all,AI planes are displayed in vector map but I don't think ATC notice them !!! Unfortunally !!! But maybe in the future...if I found a solution.I put AI without taxipark files over airport at 50000 : so they still are in the vector map but out of sight.I follow aircrafts during their flight between airports and it's a lot of fun ! There is only a jump gap when AI arrive in the airport and begin his arrival turn...it's hugly, I know, but I need to make the junction yet (it's not easy because of flight level that is different time by time).I prepared another dynamic scenery example in 4S2 : HOOD RIVER with 4 ai plus the user. It's nice but I want to prepare some explanations first.Best regards to all,Laurent

Guest chezz

Hi Laurent,I tried chasing an AI aircraft (from your KPSP AI) however when I get near to it like within 5 miles or less and flying at the same altitude as the AI's my aircraft begin to shake wildly as if I was caught in a "wake" or turbulence so I have to either climb or fly away from the AI. Is this a bug? Flying behind FLY2 default AI aircraft doesn't have this kind of issue. FYI. Thanks for this add on.chrisrpll

Guest tonyc

Hi, Laurent. I have been using AI TRAFFIC MOVER (http://www.molitor-home.de/fs/aitm/) to edit, make, move and do almost anything imaginable with the flight plans. Very good program that simplifies creating flight plans for FLY2.These are some of the issues with AI:1.airplanes never start in a parked position. Instead, they are in the center of the aiport at 50000 feet and, at departure time, they start moving immediately from another point at the aiport. They do not respect the coordinates that I record with "coordinates.dll". They taxi just fine, and the roll beautifully. I need to know how to keep the planes parked until departure time.2. While the cessna, the b737 and b727 show the landing gears, the 777 is too sunk into the ground . see pic.Good work, Laurent. tony

Hi there,I try to answer :- I contunue to follow ai without any pb ; I don't think there's a bug here...I'll try again.- AI need to kind of paths ; an arrival and a departure one. If you have only one the program jump to the next stage (50000 or parking area).- I need to get a average position for wheels. While I can place CG in some planes (pa28, bonanza...) for others (TRI) I fix some feet above ground...well... I think I need to place it higher, eh, eh !I send a second example : hope it will clear some points.Try to follow these ai : maybe it works now !Best regards;

Guest tonyc

Ok, Laurent. I got it. YOur last example made it clear that for each (1)flight plan , there're actually (2) two entries in the taxiPark file. Your instructions are now very clear; I had hurried writing flight plans and taxi plans and failed to notice the flags needed for Landing.tony

Guest tonyc

Laurent, I'm sorry, but while I had no trouble following your departure example, I am finding the landing or arrival logic a little confusing for taxiPark. You see, the coordinates do no show up in FLY2, so it's difficult to trace the path by slewing the plane while looking at the coordinates and matching them to the example. So, for arrival...In your example for Keug, you show:0158876,0852411,00,00,0158835,0852411,00,00,0158829,0852422,01,00,0158827,08524321. touchdown coordinates = 0158876,08524112. coordinates at the beginning of the runway= 0158835,08524113. coordinates at some point in the final path(path leg = 0158829,08524224. do I need coordinates for base leg?5. Parking = the same coordinates that I used for departure = 0158827,0852432Is this the way? tony