Sign in to follow this  

Q's re: Multiple controllers

Local store has a good deal on the X45 Joystick/Rudder set. Im contemplating it, but I'd like to know if Fly! II can handle inputs from more than one controller before I get it.I've wanted to, for a while now, build a set of rudders. Once I get a USB joystick, gameport would be free for this, and I would want to give it a whirl. Anyone running X45, with game controller rudders?--And if youre using the X45. How well does it work with Fly! II?

Guest Javier

I use to have the X36 Joystick and Throthle combo and it worked O.K. with FLY! then changed to the MS Combo, FF Joystick and MS Wheel - just using the pedals for ruders - and it works great!I guess the answer is yes, as long as the two controllers are independent from each other. But like I said my previous X36 combo use to work fine under FLY.Regards.Javier.

Guest Colins2

BradI picked up an old Gravis set of controllers some time back.You know the type, 2 hand held PS style controllers and an interface.This interface has 2 x 15 way game ports and 4 x PS style ports and a switch to choose between them.So I plug my JS into one port and a set of rudders from a wheel/rudder combo into the other and it works fine from 1 pc game port.I guess I should be looking for a USB solution, but my present setup work fine for now.Colin

Guest dajackman

I have CH Yoke and pedals in the USB ports and a MS sidewinder pro 3d in the game port. Fly!2 sees them both. I really only use the sidewider for a few extra buttons....I think your answer is Yes!

Two USB controllers work OK for me. I have a Wingman force feedback joystick and CH Pro pedals (both USB flavors).I recon you should be OK, as long as they both appear in the 'doze game controller list.John/madmax

Thanks guys.I went ahead and got the set, and both the new set, and the old joystick show up fine in fly!.Gonna take me a while to get used to having more buttons than I have fingers, but now, I can finally build a set of rudder pedals.