Sign in to follow this  

New FS2002 module from Alting Software

Check this module out. I just spent an hour watching my AI aircraftarrive and depart at KPHX. I was watching them as if I were watchingmy own aircraft in spot view. Awesome!From the Alting Software web site ...."AI Tactical Display" enabler for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002(version 8.00.010919.01).With this plug-in you can enable FS2002's hidden tool "AI TacticalDisplay", a tool that displays a map with information about the AIAircraft (ATC traffic).The linkhttp://www.altingsoftware.com

Guest eko

Man I hope this works solid. AIMap was wonderful, but having to remember to always keep it open when switching views, etc. was killing me. I couldn't go a flight without using it that I didn't crash the sim. (yea, I know, I'm a knucklehead.) :)

You are welcome. I'm sure there are a lot more goodies "hidden" in FS2002. I am also certain that the clever group of programming wizards within the flight simming community will find many of them!

Eko,I flew two flights, KCLE to KCLT and KSAN to KPHX, using this new module. No problems whatsoever. It can be minimized and run while in full screen mode! I watched several AI planes depart and arrive at KPHX. One was a Continental 737 which I followed from about 25 miles out. Watched the descent, watched the gear deploy, etc. This looks to be a teriffic add on!

Guest eko

Installed it last night and took it out for a test spin... works great. It is missing one feature that AIMap has which I REALLY miss... it doesn't give you a hint of what kind of aircraft type it is... in AIMap, if you remember, you had the information slot where it told you if it was a Cessna, Boeing, etc.Still, it worked great, and the flight following (without ACTUALLY following in your aircraft, like AIMap makes you do) is very cool.They seems to be two completely different takes on the same subject, so right now I use both when I'm sitting around watching traffic. :)Man, if somebody can figure out how to combine the features of both AIMap and the Alting Module. :) That would seriously be the BOMB!

Wow, totally cool, once you figure it out Log :-)

Guest HeavyFan

I like this new map too! But it does miss some info on the traffic! Like what the guy said above, does not say what type aircraft, and does not give the Flight #'s or the destinations like that of AI Map! But it still works pretty well and does not seem to crash FS2002 like AI Map did! I hope these guy's come out with an upgraded version to display these small items in the future! MIKE.

Eko,I also use AIMap and this new module together. I get the particulars about the aircraft with AIMap, and then switch to the new Tactical Display to watch them taxi, fly, etc. My only problem is that I rum my video at 1600x1200x32, so the text on the Tactical Display is kind of small. Works my 52 year old eyes a bit hard.

What is the key stroke to view ai traffic in a window?- Kevin

From my short experience toying with this there is only the spot view available but you can zoom in out and 360 deg move up down all round and so watch the AI gear, flap and slat deploying and retracting, also i watched some props cut throttle just before landing, use reversers, go to parking and shut down engines.When in map view you can double click on the triangle AC icons and go to their spot view.I've spent a few hours watching around EGLL and the south of UK with todays real weather and its been a great learning of the AI flight techniques, ie. deploying spoilers and flaps at the same time and using spoilers to keep on the glideslope during windy conditions.Once you get used to using it you can switch AC quite quickly and so get differing views in quick(ish) succession.Just wish it were busier at EGLL with the real 1-2 takeoffs landings per minute. Really great stuff.Log

Guest MC767

Hi RichRead your post on the new "IA Tactical Display" module. But when I installed it in the modules folder I cannot start my MSFS2002!! So I have to remove it...know of any reason why that happened?Thanks