Sign in to follow this  

My experience with AI and Laurent's AI traffic tool(pics)

Im working on a tool that records your flight data, then another that will allow processing that data. Allowing you to whack it down in side, eliminate points which are unnessesary, etc. Then it will write out either TaxiPark, or Path files.This will allow you to hop in your plane, do the flight you'ld like, (for example taxi, then fly circuits, then park), and use that as a basis for dynamic scenery. I've wanted such a circuit flying plane at my local airport, I managed to make a path file by hand, but then the plane moved quite jerky, so I thought up this idea, where the timing would be perfect, and movements would be rounded, and speed changes natural (turns, takeoff/land). Laurent, is there any plans for your AI, to allow 'us' to control the flight path? I've found a snag with Dynamic models. The PTH file is limited to 50 points! Any more and Fly! refuses to run. If we could control the flight path (like make a circuit, which is what I want), that would be nice!

Hi,excuse this late response but I was in holydays, eh, eh!Your program idea is great...go on this will help us. I'm trying too by my side to get some comfortable tool but by a 2D approach.Circuits around airports can't be done : this is a FS ai_traffic limitation. You almost need another airport in the path (and almost in a different FS sector ~40 NM wide). But you can prepare some large circuits with 3 or 4 airports around your main airport.Laurent

"this is a FS ai_traffic limitation"But in reproducing it, arent you esentially making it a fly limitation as well?

Sure ! But what I mentioned is the philosophy of the program : as FS, Fly AI traffic is based upon the same idea and structure. If I want to make some AI around airports I need to do a brand new program. I actually sit upon FS framework. I just adapted it to Fly!Now with this in mind it would be rather simple to change the program keeping only what is needed for Fly, you're right !My idea is to send the source code to librairies if someone wants to develop other programs based upon dynamic flying objets because I'm a little busy yet with those developments. But I agree it would be rather simple...maybe a good idea, isnt't ?Best regards,Laurent