Sign in to follow this  
calypso

Wind problem on final

Guest Lobaeux4

Running FS Meteo, and on two separate finals, one in Ghana, the other in Hong Kong, FS Meteo was calling for a wind of around 9-12 knots in both places. Hoever, in Ghana I was getting a wind of 51 knots and in Hong Kong, 41 knots. I'm running 2.85 FSUIPC. Talk about not being ready for crazy cross winds. Had to go around in Ghana, but I was able to just barely keep the left wheels on the runway in Hong Kong. Anyone know a solution to my problem with this crazy wind?Joe

Hi JoeI have the same problem I disable the surface winds to ensure on the numers landings which your top winds should be 01 knots, and I am getting winds anywhere from 10 to 70 knots most time.Sorry I can't help in solving the problem hopefully someone out there will have the answer.Kenny G.

Guest Lobaeux4

This is something that just popped up on my last two flights. I'm not sure why it's happening. I'll disable windsheer in FSUIPC and see if that makes a difference.Joe

Guest Lobaeux4

Happened again, not sure why, I deslected wind sheer, deselected ground wind and still my wind is freezing at (what I think) upper level wind and not updating on final. FS Meteo was reporting a wind of 9 knots at Barcelona, but I was showing 37 knots. I refreshed twice, but no luck. Had to go around, fly the missed (which I did screw up) then ATC sends me to a different runway, same winds though, and I touchdown in a serious crab. Rudder was ineffective. Any ideas on what's going on? I've only added FS Maintenance and a couple of repaints, this has only happened on my last three flights.Joe

Just read another post on this subject.2.85 problem maybe.Apparently un-ticking the subterranean winds box fixes it.Cheers.

John