Sign in to follow this  

FLY! II - Peregrine (Hawker) - Quirks, Questions and Co...

Hello, after putting in a couple hundred hours of flight time on the FLY! II - Hawker, I've put together the following list of quirks, questions and comments and would appreciate any answers and/or confirmations on each if possible.1. Last night I setup a flight plan from KRDU, NC to KATL, GA and used the "Generate Route" button in the stock Fly Flight Planner after starting FLY with my Hawker at BGR, ME. I then started my flight using the "Start Flight Plan" button, adjusted fuel quantity and cranked up the Hawker. When I powered on the FMC's, both screens went through the normal tests until they got to the initial screen with "Accept". I click on "Accept" button and the screen quickly flashes the nav route page and goes back to the initial screen with the "Accept" button again. I have never had this happen before on any other flights, so I did a little checking. If I delete any one of the waypoints generated by FLY except "ALCOVY", and then press "Accept" I then get the flight plan as expected. If I delete only "ALCOVY", I get the same result prior to any deletions. Can someone try this or confirm that this has happened maybe in a different flight plan.2. After starting an IFR flight plan and engaging the autopilot and eventually nav hold, as the Hawker approaches a waypoint, roughly 3-4nm prior to, the plane temporarily turns opposite the actual course heading and only the "pilot side" heading bug moves opposite the actual course heading sometimes as much as 45 degrees. The bug stays at this arbitrary location but the plane eventually turns to intercept the actual course heading as expected. The co-pilot side heading bug stays where it was prior to the turn. Is this a bug of the bug?3. 80 to 90 percent of the time I start FLY, any aircraft, the throttles are in the middle of the range. I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick with driver version 5.1.2600.0 dated 7/1/01.4. After setting up a flight plan for the Hawker, sometimes the FMC seems to allow approx. 15min. to start the actual flight based on the arrival time of the first waypoint and other times it allows approx. an hour and 15min. Why the seemingly arbitrary difference?5. OFF/TAXI/LANDING light switch - upper control panel. When in the middle (TAXI) position, pressing "shift+L" keys, the landing lights energize in addition to the taxi lights, verified in an external view as well as a very bright environment directly in front of the plane. No position of the upper control panel light switch allows both taxi and landing lights on simultaneously. Does this mean both sets of lights can not be activated together in the real world Hawker?6. After installing an add-on to allow the Hawker weather radar to show waypoints, sometimes the ID's get very jumpy. Has anyone else experienced this?Thanks in advance for any advice, comments, etc.Robert

Hi,I had the same problem as you described in point 3 although I use Logitech Rumblepad (2 joystick as well). Try to configure your joystick once again in Fly! and check if Fly! uses your joystick throttle axis (not one of the stick axes) as throttle.I hope it helps.Bye

Hi RobertI was beginning to think I was the only one experiencing any of these items (not a good sign). I re-configured my joystick again but still with same results. I'm not sure what you mean by "not one of the stick axes". Under Options;Setup axes;Airplane Axes - Throttle 1 is set to Slider, then under Test Controller - Slider works with swap engaged to get 0% throttle at bottom (left) position and 100% at top (right) position.Thanks for your response.Robert

Hi Robert,Logitech Rumblepad is a gamepad with two analog joysticks and a slider (not so good for flying as I see now, because joysticks are too small). When the slider was set to throttle, there was always 50% throttle although the slider was on the left so I think it was treated like a joystick. There was a simple cure for that but I don't remember now (I suppose I set the throttle to Extra Axis or sth). I don't want to misguide you, so I will check my configuration at home and I will let you know tomorrow.Please be patient.

It's like I wrote earlier. Fly!2 (I don't know why) set the throttle to my 2nd joystick's Y axis. The slider is set to the Extra axis. You can see check it in "Controller test" menu or sth like that. All I had to do was to set throttle to Extra axis in "Axes settings" menu. It helped.

Robert;I don't have an "Extra axis" available as an option in my "Axes Setup" menu. This may be an option in your software related to your specific controller due to having more than one joystick.However this research made me do some backchecking into some older add-ons I've installed. It appears this issue may be related to "ForceFed.dll" to utilize the force feedback in my joystick. I temporarily removed the DLL and a couple of tests indicate the throttle is at 0% on startup.Thanks again for your response and help.Robert