Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjlobo

New Fly! II Website

Guest jjlobo

After the message regarding screenshots in Avsim, I decided to create my own Fly! II site where I can post necessary screen shots.Once I was with my hands on I decided to create my site a litle more interesting. There I have the sceneries I've created and information about my Fly! II projects including my intention to develop a Fly! II workbench.I hope you enjoy the site..http://sites.uol.com.br/jjlobo/JJLobo

Guest tonyc

nice job. I've added it to may favorite sites.tony

Hi Lobo,Very nice job! Like you, I'm one of the few survivors of Fly! II in our country and will have lot of good stuff and surprises to show in the next AeroSport 2003.See you there,Cheers,

Guest marcao

Very well done Lobo. More one place to visit :-)Regards, :-beerchugMarco Antonio SilvaBrazil

Guest marcao

Good news Keyton.I hope I can be there to see!Regards, :-beerchugMarco Antonio SilvaBrazil

Nicely done!I'll be checking in often.Kind regards and God blessAlfred

Guest jjlobo

I would like to say thanks for all of the kind comments you all made.JJLobo

Guest Hagar

Keyton,The elevation tool looks very interesting, and if scenery development are to survive for my part, this is the next most important tool! I postponed my Bergen Terrascenery because Flattenator is useless with imported data, and I have no time to sit there and manually edit each vertex. If I can`t edit the elevations without using months doing it,I will loose my drive regarding scenery development...We badly need a program for this stuff. It is VERY important that this tool will work with imported elavation data, the default data is (for me) of absolutely no value. Guess it is the same with you and the mountainous parts of Brazil...Good luck with the project :)

Dear Andrew,Unfortunately I'm still stuck with your same problem and I'm not working on elevation tool, since I don't know nothing about C++ programming. (sorry if my last message was unclear). :-( I just quit to modify or create elevations using flattenator (lots of crash) and decided to use only Fly!'s default mountains. There is some exceptions that I created small 3D elevations models to apply in my scenarios but big mountains are impossible to make it (and the Zbuffer effect is terrible at distance).Anyway I have hope that ONE day someone will release this important tool and until we see the light in the end of the tunnel, I will keep making scenarios and Fly!ing in my favourite sim.And, PLEASE, don't give up! We need your support to make Fly! alive.Take care,Keyton Cabral

Guest Hagar

Keyton and Lobo,Sorry about mixing you two here :) Anyway, for scenery development outside the USGS area such a tool is still to be or not to be for mountainous Terrascene areas. The Bergen area for example, has absolutely NO resemblance to the real thing with the default elevations, it is so far off that it looks like it is nuked into oblivion...Luckily Norway`s main airport, Engm, could as one of the very few, be made with the default elevations. I may keeep on, but only with airports in non-mountainous areas. But where in my country do I find such an airport? Nowhere. It will stop by itself...only thing I can do is to keep on refining my existing sceneries. Again, I strongly miss Fly!, which was not haunted with all this crap...Thx for the support Keyton. Muyto Obrigado!

Guest jjlobo

Andrew,I'm still dreaming with such tool and planing to develop it. I was thinking thow in something more hands on over specific pieces or terrain. I don't have access to USGS data and don't have a clue about its format and meaning.Do you have one example to send me? After I understand how elevation data is stored in Fly! databases and how Fly! uses them I'll see how to read USGS data and update Fly! databases. I hope it is possible. I'm just starting to study it.Thanks for your interest. About the mixed names, that's ok, no problem for me.Regards___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Guest Hagar

Lobo,More hands are needed for such a project, and it needs to be tested with both USGS and GTOPO30 data, the last being the only option in Europe. I can offer GTOPO30 data readily converted for Fly II import if you should need it. Except from that, I don`t know much about the formats myself, I only know the default elevations are WGS-84 and GTOPO30 the same. Still the Fly II slicer produces those jagged edges on the tile boundaries, other terrain needs to be adjusted, and that`s what we need a tool for :)

Hi,Altough I like this new website and welcome new initiatives , I must say it`s not very handy.Lets stick to the Avsim forum.Screenshots can be done and are permitted on this forum!!!BUT use a link that has to be clicked to see the shots AND make the link to a picture hosted on your own website.No bandwidth and loading problems for AVSIM!!!!When you want to have your own website it`s fine, I have one myself.This private website should be an addition to the AVSIM site.Trying to make a website "instead of" is not very wise to do.One central website is essential to the FLY community.We have AVSIM and SIMVOL, let`s keep them.Sorry, but I am only honest.Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest jjlobo

LeenI didn't intent to create a new web site to substitute my participation in Avsim. Avsim though, is not a Fly! II web site, it has a Fly! section what is different. In my site I want to concentrate my work in a single place but will continue to visit Avsim daily. Here I'll continue to launch any add-on I develop. Here I'll post my questions and findings. I don't plan to create a forum in my site. (Here is Avsim).But, if any one wants to follow my dreams and development steps, it can be done easily in a site where a concentrate all information. I plan to have sections to fully organize and document Fly! environment. It is so hard to find information today.The other reason I have to make this new site, is that I keep it in Portuguese also. I don't know if so many Fly! users here can understand English as well as Portuguese.Being frank Leen, I was not the only one that misunderstood the message in Avsim regarding screenshots. And a place to keep screenshots was the motivation to start creating my own site.I want to thank you for your honesty.JJLobo

Guest jjlobo

Andrew,I'm sure it will be enough work for many people and I don't want to be alone on this. I appreciate your comment. It is too early though to start gathering people that would like to contribute. As I've mentioned I'm just starting to study Fly! environment and I hope my dreams can be achieved. I'm studing Java too and will use it instead of C++ (what I don't know).I accept your offer of GTOPO30. If you have it in both formats, original and converted it would help a lot.I didn't understand what are "those jagged edges on the tile boundaries". I never worked or installed any scenery with elevation changes and never seed such effect. Can these effects be seen in the standard Fly! environment, where?See, you started helping. I'm not alone in this start. Thanks a lot.Best regards___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158