Sign in to follow this  

DMSPO161.smf

Guest Eagle

I am trying to do the scenery for St. Paul Downtown/Holman Field (KSTP) airport. I get an error message that the file DMSPO161.smf is missing. This is evidently a 3DModel. Does anyone know what this model is?

Dear Wayne,There is an utility called PODVIEW developed by TRI that you can see all poded files. Check if you can find this model (DMSPO161) on BIBERALL.POD or TM_21.POD files on SCENERY/SHARED folder since there is a good chance that will be there. If you can't find those files in your Fly! folder, you have to install Terramodels and Biberall models.Good luck,Keyton Cabral

Guest Eagle

Thanks Keyton, I use both of those files for the airports. They may have become corrupted and so I will unPOD and check.

Dear Wayne,I checked both POD's and no one have this model (DMSP0161.SMF). Could you send the link to download this scenery? I will try to fix it excluding this model from the list.Take care,Keyton Cabral

Guest Eagle

Hi Keyton:The problem is that when FlyII attempts to load KSTP I get an error message that it is unable to find the DMSPO161.smf file and then shuts down.Perhaps you could load KSTP and see if you get the same error message.The error has to do with a 3DModel, but I don't know which one. Usually when I create airport scenery the scenery will be dependant on scenery for another airport, but, I can tell which one by the file error. For instance SPO would indicate an airport, however, there is not airport with that call.I checked that PODs that I use but could not find that file.

Guest nycflyer

The airport is Minneapolis/St Paul KMSP.The "D" indicates a day model, "N", a night one.Scott

Dear Wayne,Is KSTP a default scenery or did you download from AVSIM or another site? Can you give me the link to this scenery? I will try to help you.Thanks,Keyton Cabral

Guest Eagle

Thanks Scott for the response. I loaded the KMSP airport by Don Bishop, but it didn't help. I still get the error message when I try to load the St. Paul Downtown/Holman Field (KSTP).

Wayne,The Minneapolis St.Paul Intl airport I created has some 19 files in the DMSP0XXX.smf format but none where xxx=161. I did have a similar problem once though after I created a version of Holman field and later deleted it. For months after that Fly wasn't finding DSTP7240.smf--which it wouldn't have since I'd deleted it. It turned out there was a file "TM_STP_B.S11" within a terrascene pod I'd created for the globe tile the airport rested on that must have been somehow calling for the other file. Once I removed it the problem disappeared. Maybe you've got something similar.Hope you get it figured out because I'd really enjoy a decent version of Holman Field. Its a nice airport, situated between the banks of the Mississippi and downtown St. Paul. On my lunch hour sometimes I sit on the top of the parking ramp where I work and watch the planes come and go.Don

Guest Eagle

Thanks for the response, Don. I will search for a TM_SPO file.Is it possible that you uploaded a version of Holman Field and I could have installed the scenery? Can you tell me the Data folder that Holman Field is in? I may be able to track the problem from that folder. Since I can't load the airport I won't be able to get any information.

Wayne,Sorry, I never uploaded Holman Field. The data folder for both MSP and STP is 189163. If there is a terramodel folder hiding somewhere that's looking for DMSP0161.smf, it probably begins TM_MSP, rather than TM_STP or TM_SP0. Did you ever create MSP and then remove it?Don

Guest Eagle

Hi Keyton:I am trying to load the default scenery for KSTP. When I do the error appears. Don may be correct in that I attempted to do airport scenery for MSP or STP at one time and then deleted the file. There are times when I get into the "Let's delete these files" mood.This is a problem that I have created and I must find out what I did.Since both airports use the same data folder I need to check there.Thanks to all for your help.

Guest Eagle

Don, I think I have found the problem. I downloaded your file mspintl.zip and installed. Looking in data folder 189163 there is a file TM_MSP_B.s11 and in that file there is a call for DMSP0161.SMF. That is an 400x18x140 hanger. That is the model that cannot be loaded and somehow deleting the MSP files does not get rid of the model.You may want to check the file in the AVSIM library to determine if there is a problem.

Guest Eagle

It's me again Bob. The problem was all mine and had nothing to do with your file.The TM files in D189163 were left over from my attempt at airport scenery for KMSP. Not knowing what folder was being used for MSP and STP, until you told me, I was not able to look at the data. Having deleted all TM files pertaining to MSP the problem has gone away.I can now do scenery for KSTP.Thanks to all who helped. If this problem happens again I will at least know where to start.

Wayne,Glad that you found the problem.Hope you fix it.Keyton