Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Runway in the water

pics w/ part of island and runway.

As this area is an intersection of the 1/4 tiles for the 190,165 global tile, I'm guessing Fly! couldn't load the scenery you made - you really need to be "snapped to the grid" so that you can load on tile borders areas. The smallest scenery you could make would probably be the 2 east 1/4 tiles, which would also have given you all of the island DYT sits on. As you can see, there are no problems as far as USGS data for that area:

I would highly recommend rendering and slicing the entire global tile, as you'll then have the entire Duluth area. This will also pick up the KDLH (Duluth International) airport area. Here are some more pics:Over DYT:

As you can see, the land is "solid" all around the runway. There is absolutely no need for Ground Transform. You can add taxiways, etc. and have yourself a nice little airport here.

Looking to the SE and the Wisconsin shoreline:

Over DLH - Duluth International is a short distance away. The additional scenery is the work of Wayne Roberts:

There are some anomolies in the data whuch will leave a black bar through the middle of the city of Duluth. I recommend rendering the images without slicing, editing the bar out with Photoshop or a similar editing program, then continuing with slicing the scenery to get the best results. If you would prefer, I could upload the entire TS data pack (including the edited image) to Avsim. Then you could download and render the finished scenery. I would be able to do this in about 24 hours.

Randall Rocke

Randall,Great work. It is a nice little runway. If you could do the TS and edit, that would be great. I have Photoshop, but what you are talking about is above my knowledge level. I have a cable modem, so downloading will not be an issue.Thanks again for your effort.Kline Miller

I'll upload a render pack for this sometime tomorrow.

Randall Rocke

Kline,The project has been uploaded to the library - the name is Duluth. :-)

Randall Rocke

Randall,I am downloading as I type. Thanks for your work on this.I look forward to putting it yo use.Kline

Good! Paul "Bart" Simpson's putting the airport together for this (down to the trees on the north side of the runway) so keep an eye out for it.

Randall Rocke