Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Gladden

New module for FS2k2

Found this on USENET and downloaded the module---Very nice. From the web site .... "AI Tactical Display" enabler for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 (version 8.00.010919.01). With this plug-in you can enable FS2002's hidden tool "AI Tactical Display", a tool that displays a map with information about the AI Aircraft (ATC traffic).Link-------http://www.altingsoftware.com/Ed

I downloaded this module but it started giving me the "blue screen of death" every time i started up fs2002. The fatal errors stoped after i removed the dll file out of the modules folder.Does any1 have this problem and does any1 know how to stop this error from happening.ThanksIBK

It crashed my FS2K2.I suddenly woke up and remembered that I hadn't checked this for viruses before installing it.It's OK AntiVir sayes it isn't infected - but it was certainly a salutory lesson to me, it just might have been.I'll think before I go putting these things to work in future.PH

The same here Crashing the sim with blue screenJoseph

I dont get a BSOD, just a CTD from the 2K2 SDplash screen.However, I have removed the .dll from the modules folder and still get the CTD - I can't use my present install.I have emailed the developer and asked for help. Will keep you posted.PH

Er guys, take a look in your Models folder...make sure it's not in there as well.PH

Guest MC767

Guys...I had the same thing only that I cannot start my Flt sim...until I remove the program from the modules folder.But it says to put in the "plug-in" folder!!! What is that??

I think they mean the modules folder, when they say plug-in.I have to tell you that 2K2 refused to start (CTD from splash creen) even after the aiview.dll had been removed, and after a reboot.I had to uninstall 2K2 and do a fresh install. Several hours work.Win98SEDX8.1PH

Arnold Alting has kindly and quickly replied to my email:"AIView.dll does not make any changes to the registry nor does it make any other changes to FS2002 or your computer configuration. It only adds a [AIDEBUG] section to the FS2002.CFG file."Information will be posted at his web site as soon as more is known.Thanks all.PH

I also got the Blue Screen of Death.. it also corrupted my FSUIPC. it booted me to the desktop when I tried to load either real weather ot FS Meteo weather.I had to re-install FSUIPC and now it works okBrian