Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Fly1

Guest juvat2

Hi Folks,Am wondering if the "fly world" is (out of the box) a "waterworld"? I bought the first Fly! and patched it to version 1.01.87. When I try to start a flight departing from Shelton,Wa(Sanderson-SHN), destination Bremerton, Wa(Bremerton-PWT); my aircraft is dropped in water. Flying out of scenarios provided on the CD, like Chicago, I'm on land and everythings fine. From the cd, is there only a small amount of "land" and I need to either download a pod or create my own to have terrafirma in areas outside of those I see in the menu?I searched your faq and tips post here and haven't seen anything on this.Thanks,Jim B.

Not sure what you mean. I was an avid user of FLY 1.1.87 and had no problem finding hard surfaces to land. It may happen in some rare cases that there is something wrong and runway can be on "water" but it was very rare. However I did see occasionally instances of landing on hard surfaces and aircraft dropping below ground level - I have seen it at KDFW for example but it was rare indeed and probably due to a bug. Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest juvat2

Hi,Thank you for posting. When I start a flight from Sanderson, instead of Fly starting me at the airport, it drops me in an "ocean". Viewing around all I see is water. No runways, tower, buildings, land.If I start a flight at SanFran or Chicago, Fly sarts me on land at the selected airport.Jim B.