Sign in to follow this  
Guest spenik

Seneca for Fly! II?

Hi,Looking Johnny's site I found an amazing Seneca in production for Fly! II. Any news when will be ready?Thanks,Keyton

Guest spenik

From Real air simultions right? I saw that a while ago but I haven't heard anything more.

It is a shame if the developers aborted this project. Looks VERY NICE and the panels and external models are one of the best I have ever seen. If I can help with making anything on 3D to finish this project, count me on!Keyton

Guest spenik

Oh I don't think they aborted it, I just haven't seen any news about pogress or anything. I supose an E-Mail to Real Air simulations would be in order eh?P.S if anyone does E-Mail them, would you complain about Mac user neglect? I thought the Citabria was a neat plane!

RealAir is no longer making aircraft for Fly! - they couldn't generate enough sales from the Fly! community to pay the bills.They gave up all of their work on the Seneca to someone who may be able to finish the work someday.

Randall Rocke

Guest tonyc

I think ROTW has it .tony

Guest spenik

Gasp! Is it a secret prodject?! Should I not tell anyone?! Should we delete every thing on this post to protect ROTW from a scam?!! :-)I knew Jarno was hiding something...

I can definitely understand how projects get shelved. How long have I been working on the Lancair? It all started more than a year ago when my wife and kids were out of town for a week and I was off of work. I decided to spend every waking moment on this plane. I nearly went blind and left a permanent rear-shaped dent in my office chair. I got pretty burned out after that week and moved on to other projects (repaints, scenery). My point is that to do top-notch work takes a ton of time. But the reward is great. The Fly!2 planes we have available -- both stock and add-on -- are of amazing quality. This helicopter that Jarno is working on looks just fantastic...but the systems are complicated to do right. I'm still hopeful for the Seneca -- and the Socata TB-20 (formerly a PMDG project). Maybe they'll be finished by the time I wrap up work on the Lancair. We shall see, I guess...

Guest CaptainJ

No secret projects going on my side! just the whirllybird 76 and that Caravan 208 :-) I can tell you that ROTW got that Seneca somewhere under a desk with a lott of dust on it!

Guest spenik

Wow! So many iorns in the fire! How do you guys manage it?!A Caravan huh? I some how recall a thread about that, a long time ago...

Guest rene_35

no secret at all!TJ (ROTW) has worked on the Seneca panel.After he finished he gave its result to RealAir.From this time (last year) no news about this project.We are waiting from RealAir to give us information, as all of you.About our other projects, 3 ROTW groups are working:- one group on the Staggerwing (in some weeks) and then the Socata TB20- the second on a french light plane the "Cordouan"- the third on the ATR42/72 (a very long project)

Its great to hear about the projects you guys are doing. I am really looking forward to the Staggerwing. The Cordouan looks like a fun airplane. For anyone wishing to see what it looks like, here is a link:[a href=http://airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=59YJ&distinct_entry=true]Cordouan pics on Airliners.net[/a]

Guest Dean

I think I remember a post a while back that Peter Sidoli was going to finish up the Seneca project after he left Real Air.

Guest spenik

The Staggerwing! Does (insome weeks ) mean it will be done soon? or that it will be sarted soon?What are the specs on the Cordouan and how do you pronouce it? ATR42/72 (a very long project), I hope not too long but I would love to know what it is.

Guest rene_35

- Staggerwing: we are in the last steps (flight tests and some minor improvements). May be ready at the end of june (but my friends think I am a great optimist :-)). Pics in this page: http://fly.simvol.org/articles/projets/stagger.htm- Cordouan: you can pronounce "cor-do-an" (if anybody has another idea...;)). Her specs in another post (we have to translate them).Pics in this page: http://fly.simvol.org/articles/projets/cordouan.htm- ATR: a major and very difficult project, no date for the moment. Look at the pics in this page to have an idea: http://fly.simvol.org/articles/projets/atr.htm