Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Duluth TS Project Pack Uploaded (pics)

In response to a request, I have produced a TerraScene project pack for Duluth, MN. This is a unique place - brushing up against the western edge of Lake Superior, Duluth juts a sandbar of an island as a long, narrow promentory above the shores of Wisconsin.

In the following images:1. KDYT (Sky Harbor Airport), which sits precariously on the southern shore of that island. Anybody for sometaxiways and buildings? I think this would be a fun one to fly in and out of.2. Overlooking KDLH (Duluth Intl.) - some nice airport scenery available for this from Wayne Roberts.

Randall Rocke

Randall,Thanks for doing this! Wow! your terrascene project for Duluth and Wayne's terramodels creation of the downtown St. Paul airport all in the same day. Does the land of 10,000 lakes proud.(Regarding taxiways for Sky Harbor, they're included in Erik O'Link's taximn.zip here on AVSIM. He created those taxiways for Fly! and Fly!2K but they work just find for Fly! II.)Don in Minnesota (Go Wild!)

Don,Thanks for the info on the taxiways - I may already have them in my Fly! download folders.Someone was having trouble with Sky Harbor (runway siting on the water), so I took a short break from the Ohio Project to see if all we needed was some TS to get the island.(Go Jackets! Well...OK, since we're out of it, go Wild!)

Randall Rocke

Hi Bart,When you download the USGS image into TM, you'll note there are trees on the north shore and quite near the airport. Indeed, this looks like a fun (and challenging) strip.I just completed (yea!) the last global tile of the Ohio Project. I'll send it your way on Tuesday morning and throw in Duluth as a bonus.

Randall Rocke

:-lol While you're waiting for the scenery package to arrive via snail-mail, why don't you email that puppy and I'll see if she "fits"?

Randall Rocke