Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Fine! The Last Project Pack for the Ohio Project (pics)

The last tile (named Defiance) is about to be uploaded. This closes the TerraScene production project for Ohio, of which every part is now available in detail. This last global tile contains the very northwestern tip of Ohio, including the western portion of the city of Defiance. (You'll need the Lima tile pack to get the eastern part of the city, though the airport is within the Defiance tile boundaries).Here's a look at Defiance, straddling the tile borders of Defiance and Lima:

To the north is a portion of southern Michigan, including the cities of Hillsdale, Three Rivers, and Sturgis. To the west is the northeastern tip of Indiana, with Kendalville in the center and the northern portion of Fort Wayne on the southern tile border (the remainder of Fort Wayne can be found in the adjoining tile: Van Wert).Other images are linked below. The first image is of Defiance Airport (KDFI). The second image is from the southwest corner of the tile in Indiana - a region of lakes and parks.

Randall Rocke

Guest michaelb

Randall,Thanks for all of your efforts on this. Nice to have all of Ohio complete. The Detroit/northern Toledo addition was especially helpful given that part of it overlaps into Canada.I want to mention to anyone using your scenery that the Ohio Department of Aviation offers an Ohio Aeronautical Chart and Ohio Airport Facility directory at their web site of http://www.dot.state.oh.us/aviation/. Follow the link to their FAQ page for info on how to order these. The cost is $3.95 to cover the postage.I received my 2003 edition a few weeks ago and it is really nice to use with Fly and the updated scenery.

Michael,Thanks for posting this - that's a good resource.

Randall Rocke

About the time you've placed taxiways, buildings, and other models at at least one airport in every county of Ohio. :( On a serious note, after I complete some DB updates that have been on hold, I will be recreating my original Carolinas project from Fly! for Fly! II w/Tiger Census updates. I'll also render the top half of Illinois, as that was where I learned to fly years ago. After that, I'll just produce special areas around well-used arrival and departure points.

Randall Rocke