Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanFlyboy

I saw the birds!!!!

Guest Lindy

I know I haven't been in here for a long time. I've been using "the other sim" mostly for the last few months.But today I installed a new video card and of course I wanted to make sure that Fly!2 ran with this new card. I loaded it up and took off from San Francisco in the Skyhawk. I was flying towards the Bay bridge when I decided to divert over to Oakland, across the water from SF. I landed with no trouble and was aimlessly following the taxiways trying to find the parking area. :-( (The airport isn't exactly built up.) Anyway I was taxiing along minding my own business when I saw directly in front of me some moving objects. At first, I thought something was wrong with my new video card. Then I realized these were the birds that everyone swore were in Fly2! :-jumpy A whole flock of them, wings flapping and everything. :-lol I bought Fly!2 as soon as it came out. I flew it exclusively for a long time until moving over to FS2K2. This is the very first time I've seen the birds... ever. (And Richard H isn't around for me to tell the story. :-( )Anyway, even without Richard, I wanted to share this with you other Fly!ers. I've finally joined the "seen the birds" club. ;-) -Lindy :-wave

I've been wondering if they ever got implemented. I've seen the model exists in pods, but have yet to hide nor hair of the birds.Guess I'll have to look and see if you must personally add the model to your scenery or not. What was the airport ID?Brad

Guest Lindy

No, you shouldn't have to add anything yourself. I know I never have. And in the years I've owned and used Fly!2 this was my first sighting. They have been done very well too. I was most impressed. Too bad no sound accompanies them.I don't the airport ID.... it was Oakland field, I believe Just north of San Francisco across the water. You can practically see it from San Fran once you're in the air. The field has no buildings, just the runway and some taxiways.-Lindy

Guest GOODY

LindySo good to see you back!!GoodyGoody@cableone.net

I've seen them many times, so far it's been in the Bay Area though. I think they appear if you have AI aircraft turned oon but I'm not for certain.John S. MorganReal World: KGEG, SFCC UND Sattilite Program, Student 30+ hoursVirtual: Fly!II, KPHX, MIDCON, PMDG Boeing 757-200

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach