Sign in to follow this  
CPEPE

Pacific Coast VFR Scenery CD's

I recall a website offering VFR coverage of the entire Pacific coast of the US, from Seattle down to San Diego in three individual packages. I have been unable to locate that site nor recall their name. I don't even know if the package was compatible with FlyII! If anyone reads this and recognizes what I'm talking about, please tell me who they were and if they are still in business, and if they're packages were any good.Thank you in advance,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I found a review of what I think I'm looking for. Both Flightsim.com and Avsim have reviews for "Scenery USA" but the links are dead. Does anyone have these and do they work on FlyII? If anyone knows how to get a hold of them let me know.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Scenery USA, which produced a "Boston" area demo for FS2002, was created by Andrew (have forgotten last name). He previously did many scenery additions for FLY. I don't believe any of this new Scenery USA is compatible for FLYII, nor do I know if they ever produced any additional areas.L.Adamson

Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded the Portland, Oregon quarter tile. I've also got Terrascene and may attempt doing the entire West coast but don't know if I'll give up before it's all done. Any leads to well done Pacific coastline VFR scenery would be grand... if anyone's already done it I'll buy CD's from ya!Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi, I have two of the scenery CD's you are talking about I think they were strickly for Fly2K unless someone knows better. the Disks I have are NEW YORK (USA93) AND LOS ANGELES (USA 5) Don't really know the value if any.If intrested let me know.TONY