Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

EWR lLS

Guest Dean

Using CL4TO on a flight into EWR yesterday I was directed to runway 22R and I noticed the ILS information for runways 22L and 22R is reversed. Usually the Fly II ATC had me use runway 27 so I've never noticed this before. I'm wondering if it has always been this way or if I screwed up the database for EWR by improperly using FSImports when I converted Simflyer's EWR. Can someone verify this?

Guest Dean

Does anybody know if the ILS info for 22L and 22R at EWR is reversed in Fly II?

Hi Dean,First of all, unless you've updated the ILS for EWR, there's nothing to reverse. The default install of EWR in Fly!II contains the localizer for Rwy 22L only - there is no localizer for 22R. (There is in the real world - it just wasn't included in Fly!II). So, if you're seeing a listing for 22R, either you've imported somebody's DB edit to add the approach or something else installed (or attempted to install it) for you.The correct freq. for 22L is 108.7 - I don't have access to a chart for the ILS RWY 22R at this time to check on that one. There is a potential problem here - the opposite end of 22L, Rwy 4R, uses the same localizer freq. of 108.7. This has always been a source of problems in Fly!, where the matched frequency for the opposite end literally knocks the localizers out of position (they sometimes interfere with each other). This was on the list for possible correction, but Rich was not able to work on those areas before his death.

Randall Rocke

Guest Dean

>The default install of EWR in Fly!II>contains the localizer for Rwy 22L only - there is no>localizer for 22R. (There is in the real world - it just>wasn't included in Fly!II). Thanks Randall, I see that now. I don't know what I was thinking that night, I must have been looking at the localizer info for 04L and 04R while on approach to 22L.>The correct freq. for 22L is 108.7 - I don't have access to a>chart for the ILS RWY 22R at this time to check on that one. >There is a potential problem here - the opposite end of 22L,>Rwy 4R, uses the same localizer freq. of 108.7. This has>always been a source of problems in Fly!, where the matched>frequency for the opposite end literally knocks the localizers>out of position (they sometimes interfere with each other).I just tried an approach in slew mode and the ILS for 04R and 22L seemed to work correctly. I gotta lay off the glass of wine before flying..........

Dean,No problem - I figured somebody had added the other approach and I might have missed the upload. :-)This looks like a good one to add to my "to do" list.

Randall Rocke