Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Hilton Head & Brunswick TerraScene to be Uploaded (pics...

It's deja vu all over again! :-)Well, the 3rd time's the charm. I am beginning a long-delayed project to create new TerraScenery packs for North & South Carolina. Some of you may recall that I have TerraScened all of the Carolinas twice for Fly!/Fly!2K. Those were cooperative ventures with Jeff Brooks. This scenery was done twice - once with TS 1.0, then again with TS 2.0. If you still use the original Fly!, these sceneries should still be available in the Avsim library in completely rendered form.I've held off on a new version for TS 2.1 & Fly! II until all of the issues could be resolved with both programs and a means could be found of uploading the larger sceneries or creating project packs. If the sceneries are small enough (containing enough ocean area), I'll upload them complete. Otherwise, they will be uploaded as ready-to-generate project packs as was done with the Ohio Project.The first 2 global tiles are finished: Hilton Head and Brunswick - I will upload them late this evening. By getting both sceneries, you will get all of the city of Savannah, which sits astride these tiles. Here's a shot over Hilton head - there are links to more images below:

Other images in order:1. Overlooking Hilton Head Airport2. Savannah International area3. Over the City of Savannah (if you don't render both tiles, you will get half of Savannah)4. Near Malcom McKinnon Airport east of Brunswick, GA:

Randall Rocke

Guest Colins2

Very nice Randall :)I am extremely jealous of the data you guys can get hold of!If only we had that level for the ROTW!Colin

Colin,That's why extremely talented people like you are around - to get around the data road-blocks. :-)Though I have a copy of TerraShape, I haven't come across the need for custom shapefiles yet (except for a possible redo of Tampa), as most of our data is very good. Roger Mazengarb recently sent me a screen capture from the CAD program he was using with TerraShape - it was very detailed...reminded me of an ArcView capture from Tiger Census shapefiles, but with more land-use shapes.

Randall Rocke