Sign in to follow this  
Guest spenik

And so it begins...

Guest spenik

Hello, I just figued I would post my progess for my aroud the world flight!One down and 58 to go! I completed my SFO to TVC leg today! I will fish this post up agin and post further progress on this post agin as oposed to making a new thread each time.Next should be to Fallon Nas.And if anyone has any ideas as to where to stop in france, I am still open to sugestions! :-)just to refer to when I am done:Stareted 5/20/03

Guest tonyc

In an ideal virtual world, we'd be multiplaying with you. Imagine, some of us meeting up with on your way around the world.tony

Guest spenik

EGLL huh? Sure could! Whats in the kettle?P:S is "pop on the ketttle" a little ism that the british use? I love things like that I would like to know if this is one of them.

Guest spenik

That would be neat! Where do you fly? I could posibly drop you a line while I am there. don't forget to "pop on the kettle" :-)

Guest spenik

I get it! Well, if you have a Cinnamon something, I'll have a cup. And keep the kettle on, I like my tea hot, strong or not ( hey, I am a poet and I didn't even know it.) ;-)

Guest Roderick

The first time I was made aware of this is when an Aussie friend of mine in Korea asked if I would like to stop for a "brew" at their HQ in Seoul. Being a confirmed beer drinker I said sure. Surprise!!It was tea and very good it was. We have been out of touch for most of 50 years but if any of you gentlemen from down under know a former WOJG named Bill Burke, I would like to get in touch. Doug Young dyoung@pennswoods.net

Guest spenik

Well It wasn't as long as my first flight but I am now out of California and in Nevada! Had navigate through some restricted areas, one millitary the other not. I think I crossed into the civilian restricted zone ( naughty naughty :_-) ) At Fallon, I had my best approach yet! My final was abit low, but I compincated for that. Once on the ground though, I was told to contact groud at 0.00. Is that right? I think it's a bug but I don't know. And lastly, Steve, What is a Butty?

Guest spenik

A sandwich hmn? Sound neat, I think I will use that!What airport shall I stop at near you? EGLL is fine with me but If there is a closer airport that I can stop at I am fine with that. Pluse, it's nice to stop at an uncontrolled airport every once in awhile.The sooner I know the sooner I can adjust my flight plan.Keep FLYing!

Guest Steve Brown

Hi :-waveIf you want to have a break in Scotland, I populated EGPE Inverness Airport (Click on the link "My United Kingdom Scenery" Below)I live less than 10nm from EGNR Hawarden Airport(Pron Harden, Link Below)Then you could fly down to EGMD Lydd (Pron Lid, Link Below) which is on the south coast of the UK and a short flight to France, Belgium, Or Holland.Just a tip, if you have a fast internet connection download Paul Brooks scenery of the UK its stunning.Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.JPG][/divMy United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Guest spenik

Thanks for the tip! hear is my revised flight plan:1 San francisco Intl Cakifornia2 Lake Tahoe California3 Fallon Nas Nevada4 Elko Rgnl Nevada5 Michael AAF Utah6 Walker FLD Colorado7 Cheyenne Wyoming8 Rapid City Rgnl S.Dakota9 Bismark Muni N.Dakota10 Hector Intl N.Dakota11 Chisholm Hibbing Minnesota12 Thunder Bay Canada13 Sawyer Intl Michigan14 Sault Ste Marie Canada15 Tobemermory Canada16 Toronto Lester B Pearson Canada17 Ottawa Macdonald Carter Intl Canada18 Quebec Jean Lesage Intl Canada19 Sept Iles Canada20 Goose Bay Canada21 Narsarsuaq Greenland22 Keflak Nas Iceland23 Benbecula UK24 Hawarden UK25 Heathrow26 Tille France27 Vatry France28 Geneva Contrin Switzerland29 Montichiari Italy30 Gino Lisa Italy31 Ioannis Kapodistrias Greece32 Nikos Kazantzakis Greece33 Konya Turkey34 Trabzon Turkey35 Uytash Russia36 Mehrabad Intl Iran37 Zabol Iran38 Quetta Pakistan39 Jodhpur India40 Tribhuvan Intl Nepal42 Dibrugarh India43 Qingshan China44 Xianyang China45 Laishan China46 Taiping China47 Novy Russia48 Sokol Russia49 Yelizovo Russia50 Eareckson AS Alaska51 Atka Alaska52 Nikolski Alaska53 Cold Bay Alaska54 King Salmon Alaska55 Ted Stenvens Anchoridge Intl Alaska56 Gulkana Alaska57 Yakutat Alaska58 Junea Intl Alaska59 Annette Island Alaska60 Port Hardy Canada61 Snohomish Washington62 Klamath Falls Intl Oregon63 San Fran Cisisco Intl CaliforinaI if anyone with ROTW would like to sugest a replcement for the two frunch stops, I would welome them gladly!Thanks agin Steve! Hope to see you at EGNR soon!

Guest tonyc

You may be able to use Vatsim and SquawkBox for FLy to see each other and talk to each other. I will try to reach in Italy. Hope you know how to use the program. Or perhaps we can use Roger Wilco....tony