Sign in to follow this  
Guest spenik

And so it begins...

Guest spenik

Oh, wish I could. But if I am not mistaken, Vatsim and Squak box are PC only, I have a Mac ( and a proud mac owner might I add :-) ). I think Rodger wilco is too.If not, Great! Would love to see you in the air!

Guest spenik

I must say, I did'nt think that these flights would go by so quickly! But, I am now at Elko rgnl Nevada! I had a decent landing and not too much trouble along the way. Had to change my crusing alt from Depature's sugested 8000 to 10,000 to avoid the Stalewater(?) mountain range. On to Utah next. At Michael AAFBy the way, does anybody know what AAF stands for?

Guest spenik

Well, I am not sure If I can say I finished the Utah leg because I had a less then gracefull landing roll. Several obsticuls presented them selevs, the most principul of which was the Controll Tower!!! I ran into the Conrtoll Tower which was is th middle of the runway! I am thinking of calling it a landing but noting that I ran into "substatial problems"On the bright side I prefored this flight at night! My first IFR flight! If anyone has any opinions as to wheather I should do the flight over or just say I landed will be very apreciated!Keep Flying!

Guest Eagle

Call it a landing.What is the name of the airport with the tower in the center of the runway?

Guest spenik

Michel AAF in Utah. Hope it's not somethig that happens alot, I don't want any more "hospital time" :-)

Guest spenik

I competed the fith leg of my around-the-world journey! Michael FLD presented a challanging take off with it's inconvienently placed tower. But in all, it was not too bad. This has aslo been my longest leg yet! 200+nm! I covered more ground today then anyother so far. Of cource it will be nothing like the 20th leg, Goose bay Canada to Greenland! That will be long!Hope to post more progress soon!

Guest spenik

I have just anded in Cheyenne Wyoming! Another 200+ nm. flight but it pushed me over the Rocky mountains.I have become very acuainted with the PC-12 by now, and have come to appreciate all of the labor-saving-devices onbord.This will be my tenth day of flight, and I have compleated six legs! hopefully I will land back in SFO before two months are out. Next stop, South Dakota!

Guest spenik

Hello everyone! I finshed my seventh leg today, I now am parked on the Rapid City rgnl tarmac. The flight covered 190nm., not as bad as my last two but not short either.I have a question which mainly pertains to the forum and not so much to Fly! or flight. Should I be starting a new thread to post my prgress? If I continue to use this one, It will be rediculously long. I don't wwant to start a new thread each time I post either, any sugestions?