Sign in to follow this  

How to make Terramodels border objects?

I'd like to make a new Terramodels border object, just like a fence, except 50 feet high with tree textures. This will produce 2D tree rectangles suitable for lining airport boundaries...Does anyone know how Terramodels creates fence objects?Thanks,Eric

Eric,You won't be able to do this with Terramodels. Initially, I was going to include tree borders, in addition to the different fence types. I never could get it to look quite right, so I dumped it.You could create your own tree borders, and place the custom objects in Terramodels. But, you cannot replace the fence textures and have TM generate them for you . It would not look right, because the fence patterns are repeated every 10 meters or so. You could probably do brick walls and other repeating patterns, but not trees.Allen

Ah! Thanks for the info, 10 meters was the figure I was interested in.I did a little test by replacing one of the fence textures with trees and changed a fence model's 8.00000 height numbers to 40.000 and some of it looked okay but some of it malfunctioned.Looks like creating a custom treeline object is the way to go. But thanks for the tip!