Sign in to follow this  

How to find out if aircraft is made in GMax?

Hi gang.I'm in the process of making all the planes I have downloaded into AI traffic using the ecellent AI Shuffler and TToolsHowever, it's known that many non-GMax aircraft look wrong when used as AI traffic. For example, the landing gear is missing when the plane's on the ground, causing it to float above the ground.The problem is that many addon planes that I have, were downloaded a long time ago. I don't remember the author or from where I downloaded some aircraft, and I don't know if they were made in GMax or not.Is there some way to find out if those aircraft were made in Gmax?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Usually it will say in the readme whether it's Gmax or FSDS. If not, check out some native key commands on the aircraft. If Shift+E opens the canopy or door, it's probably Gmax. The easiest way to test it as AI is to change the title in the aircraft.cfg to this:title=Beech Baron 58//title=YourAircraftNameHereand add the backslashes to the title of the Baron. With a minimal amount of work, you can see how it performs as AI. If it works, then go to the trouble to add it using Ttools.