Sign in to follow this  

Multiplay port

I would like to know what port I have to open (when using DSL) before I can host a multiplayer game in FS2002?

Although I can't help you w/ your request, I am having the same problems and I too can't figure out what I have to do. Good LuckMatt

Guest rogue1

If you are using FS2k2 you need to open ports:60732302 thru 2400DO NOT OPEN ANY OTHER PORTS! Unless of course you have other software, like Roger Wilco, that may need ports open.Especially do not open ports 80, 443 etc. as Aidi pointed out. I don't know where he is getting those as being required for FS multiplayer but they are not.Port 80 is for HTTP protocol (web) and 443 is for HTTPS (secure web). Unless you are running a web server you definitely don't want these ports open in your firewall.Jim

Guest Aidi

It was info passed onto me from someone who had the same problem, and they said that with the above ports open they could establish the connection. Thanks for pointing out some are not required to be open, ill ammend my notes to the fact.http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Ok, next question.....may sound a little silly, but where do I go to open the ports?? Im using windows 98 if that helps

Thank you for your answers.When you write port 2302-2400, do I then have to open all ports between 2302-2400 using HyperTerminal and write:SET NAT ENTRY ADD 192.168.5.5 xx 0.0.0.0 xx TCP (Where 192.168.5.5 is the IP address and xx the port)