Sign in to follow this  

FLY II PC12 problem

Hi, I have a problem with the PC 12 on FLYII. I can't centre the trim indicators for aileron and rudder(both out to the left), yet the aircraft constantly banks to the right. Can anyone help?Andrew.

Andrew,Though you may have a calibration issue with your controls, please try the following:1. Delete the 360RT.HST file from the aircraft folder. If you patched up to v240 after flying an earlier version, you'll need to do this for all the aircraft (delete *.HST files from the aircraft folder). When you restart Fly! II, a new history folder will be generated for the PC12 (or all the planes if you deleted all the HST files).2. After starting Fly! II, load the PC12 aircraft. Go to Aircraft, Options... and set all Trim Steps=1 and all Exponential=100%. This should give you normal control responses. I also highly recommend Rob Young's flight model update for the Pilatus.If you cleared the history files for all aircraft, you will need to set the above aircraft options for every aircraft in Fly! II - just load each aircraft, then set the options to all Trim=1 and all Exponential=100%.If you continue to have problems. you may want to delete the control.txt file from the root directory of Fly! II, then recalibrate and set all of your control functions again.

Randall Rocke

Thanks Randall. I'll try it!Andrew

Randall,There is NO 362RT.HST file in my aircraft folder.Andrew.

Andrew,The file I was referring to is 360RT.HST.Mattering on which version of the Pilatus your are flying (there are 4 versions I'm aware of) the HST files should be one of these:12PC.HST360RT.HSTP-GVJR.HSTHB-FOW.HSTAfter deleting the file(s), restart Fly!II and reset the Aircraft, Options for each version and see how it works out.

Randall Rocke

Hi Richard,

Will need more information from you... what is your computer operating system and type of graphics card? Will help to know this in order to help you figure out where the issue is.

Thanks!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster