Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Fly2 Recovery-set

Hi folks,Made myself a recovery-set for my FLY2.After a computer-crash or rebuild I am able to installmy complete FLY2 folder( add-ons and settings included)within 25 minutes. (4,27 Gb)No more worries.Back in bussiness in no time.RegardsLeenhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/11783.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Leen :-waveThis is a very good idea. And I love your presentation.Is this done by just copying your Fly!II Terminal Reality folder on three disks?I have mine now on a second hard drive, but as I have found in the past, even this doesnt stop the odd blunder. I have a little 3year old girl who knows how to switch on my computer, switch on Fly!II and change settings and loose things in a twinkling of an eye.This would be the better option... Or sell the kid.... :-lol :-lol Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.JPG][/divMy United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Guest dajackman

Got ya beat. I'm up to 13.4 Gb. That would take about 4 DVDs.

Hallo Steve,About the back-up:I compressed the FLY2 folder to one big ZIP.( 4 Gb is the max filesize under FAT32)Than I splitted the ZIP to three smaller ZIP`s (about 685Mb each)andburned them on cd`s.When placing the back-up I copy the three ZIP`s to the harddisk,merge them agian to one big ZIP.Now I unzip the big one start FLY2 and have fun agian.For compressing my Fly2 folder I used Zip-Genius ( www.zipgenius.it)For the splitting and merging job I used HJ-Split (www.freebyte.com/hjsplit)These programms are very good and freeware.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Steve,Send me your e mail adres.to leen@leendejagertweewielers.nlI have a (pleasant) gift for you (3Mb)

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen,I had the same problem some weeks ago. My hard disk crashed. Fortunately I was able to copy my entire FlyII folder to my notebook by connecting my notebook to my desktop PC.Nevertheless I am not sure if it will do to just copying the backup back to the new hard disk in the desktop. Maybe FlyII requires some settings in the Windows register. So I installed FlyII and all updates again en now I'm installing all the sceneries country by country again.Maybe I could have saved me all that time by just placing the copied FlyII folder to my desktop. What is your opinion?

Hi Hans,Just copying will do.There are no other files needed than the ones in the FLY2 folder.With my three CD`s ( see the top of this topic) I can install FLY2 on ANY PC.Copying the 3 cd`s to the harddisk , merging the zips and extract the big zip to a FLY2 folder takes less time than install FLY without add ons from the original FLY2 installation-disks.Some week ago my son copied (by LAN) my entire FLY2 to his laptop and all worked right away.Copying FLY is a easy as copying Packman for DOS.RegardsLeen:-beerchug

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints