Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Attention Spenik ...............

G'day Bob,I've been following your posts with Steve re around the world flights and saw that you thought it would be a good idea to meet people online as you fly through. Why don't you use the multi-player server? You could post your flight plan times on the forum and meet people in the air as you go. I've just come off the multi-player server and boy is it lonely there.Use it or lose it. Sooner or later someone will pull the plug on the multi-player server if we don't use it!Cheers mate; sorry you are not flying to Australia ( don't know what you're missing! :-) )Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest spenik

G'day, I like that! I might use it on furtre posts ;-)Sure, I would love to meet up with a few people on the way! I would post my flight times but i don't really know when it is I am going to be flying. I supose I could try to give you guys as much of a "heads up" as I can.Speking of Australia, I would have routed my flight plan to drop below the equator and see the "thunder downunder" (pardon the chliche) But I just can't see how I would get across the Pacific without crossing many many miles of ocean. I know i pilot who will not fly over the Maui chanell in a single, So I am tryng to avoid that. Hioping to fly near YSSY someday though, I would be tickeled pink if I could see Ayers Rock! If theres an airport I could visit near you, I would love to chat, have some tea, crumpits, the whole shabang. (talk about chliches huh Steve?) :-)I hope my machine can handel the mutiplayer mode though, I barely get 5 fpm in the cockpit with only the GC and part on the auto-pilot showing in the 800-600 res.Keep Flying!

Guest dajackman

Is the multiplayer server running better than it was? We could only stay connected for about 5 minutes....has that been fixed?

Guest spenik

Oh, too bad. it would have been nice to have someon else along for the trip.

Guest spenik

What do you mean, no luck? Could you not get on at all, or could you not stay on for five minuets?

G'day Steve,Mate I've got 150 Aussie airports with taxiways and generically populated using Terramodels that I did for Danny Vickers who was doing the other 150 airports. The intent was to have every airport in Australia populated. However Danny has disappeared from the forum. I think he has possibly been posted overseas for the Iraq war. I don't know what to do with the work I have done so far and am just sitting on it awaiting word from Danny.Sydney ( YSSY ) has to be THE most scenic airport to fly around but the default Sydney is a minefield for the unwary. I am currently redoing Sydney using Terrashape and Terrascene which has solved the watery grave issue and hopefully I will have it finished and uploaded in the not too distant future.Danny Vickers has done Brisbane aleady and it is in the library.Just a pic of YSSY to give an idea of what it will be like. I plan to add modelling to the scenery.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Bob,Sorry mate for getting your hopes up. I tested the multiplayer server again; and the other post seems to be correct. For some strange reason I got disconnected after only a few minutes. I fear you will not be able to get far on the multiplayer server.Never mind the idea was good. :-)" Ayers Rock" is a great disappointment in the default fly scenery.A fair few Aussie pilots ferry singles from America to Australia.It seems the trick is to tape over the engine instruments with 2" wide black cloth tape prior to departure. What you don't see you don't worry about. I wouln't advise taping up your monitor though :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest spenik

Ha! Ha! If only the solution of engine reliability were so simple and cost efficient, no? ;-)As for the not taping across my monitor, I will take your advice.

Hi guys,This discussion about the MP server is a good reason for me to ask somehing I asked before , but never got an anwer to.The question is:Is it possible to FLY2 on a LAN? With FLY it`s possible.Regards Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints