Sign in to follow this  

ATI Radeon 9000 video card

I'm new to FlyII and am very excited by the realism of the simulator.I just purchased a ATI Radeon 9000 video card. FlyII, however, doesn't run correctly with this card. The graphics appear incomplete, flashing and out-of-place especially from external views. My computer is a PIII 800mhz with 300+mb of ram. I have all the patches as of March of this year. Can anyone help solve this problem? Thank you.Henry C. Buursma

Guest The Gaijin

Welcome to the Fly! community.Your name sounds very familiar. Weren't you in Japan a few years back, to be more precise in Hiroshima? If its you than do you remember me, Danny H. Masson?Regarding your problem, I can't really help you as I don't have that card, but I'm sure someone will.Cheers,

Guest Ken_Salter

Hi!Open your render.ini file (in the Fly! IIsystem folder).Find the line:vertexIndexFormat=and make the value either 0 or 1 (i can't remember which one).Save the file and restart Fly! II. One of these values should work I think.[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]MSFS & Fly! Forum Moderator[link:http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=5E79C613-0A60-4A3B-BDC1-F9EE49F2D4FE]Join the AVSIM Online Cancer Fight!!

Guest pilotsim7828

miplevel=5 It should be Vertexinedex=0You may need to add the linemaxTeure32_565=32Jeff

Guest marcao

Henry, I use this video card with the following render.ini and it works great:[Graphics]mipLevelCount=10vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=10directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=10maxTextures32_565=24maxTextures64=128maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=200maxTextures256=100maxTextures256_565=82maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=8maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896maxTextures64=16[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0Regards, :-beerchugMarco Antonio SilvaBrazil

Just want to thank you for your suggestion. All I needed to change was that one number and it worked just fine. Thanks again and I look forward to great fun with this wonderful flight sim.Sincerely,Henry Buursma

Jeff,Thank you for your help in this matter. What you have suggested works fine.Sincerely,Henry

Thank you for your extensive suggestion.Now I can really enjoy this wonderful simulation.Sincerely,Henry