Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Reality-XP NAVCOM Radios in Deb

I installed everything per Geofa's instuctions. Main install file, CAB from first Patch, Panel.cfg (XP version) from second Patch, copy and rename RealityXP_FlightLine.gau to RealityXP_FlightLine2.gau.In the main pilot's panel, clicking on the radio icon brings up the stack with the Reality XP boxes. However, the NAVCOMs do not accept any inputs or mouse-clicking changes. In order to change a frequency, I have to bring up the copilot's panel and use the stack on that panel (which works). However, back to the main panel and the pop-up radio stack, the freqs displayed are not the ones placed in the radios from the copilot's side.Has anyone else reported this? Is there a fix?Doug

Doug-I'll take a look.What the problem is is the copilot view. I chose to include it and have "double instruments"-eg a radio stack on the main panel and one on the copilot. What I found was the default fs radios had no problem-but fs had a problem with two xp radios-and definately a problem with double gps's.I found the work around was to have two seperate instances of the xp running at the same time. Did you make a copy your reality xp flightline gauge-rename it to flightline2 and stick it in your gauge directory?This way you fool fs-the directions probably more clearly stated in the readme html file (directions) that come with the package-should be in your start menu under geof a.When reality xp releases the 1.1 version this step should not be necessary anymore.Again-a confusing issue for me as I am beta testing the 1.1 now. Let me know if that fixes the problem.Geofhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Geof:I had already done the copy/rename thing for the flightline gauge (see my original message).Doug

Doug,In the Window04 (for the Collective Stack), try renaming the gauges to FlightLine!NavCom_FL30(rather than FlightLine2!NavCom_FL30). Same for the Transponder (FlightLine!XPDR_FL70).I had the same problem as you, and this solution worked on my own setup. YMMVMike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Mike and Geof:Yep, Mike's instructions worked as advertised. Thanks for your help. Doug

You know what is really strange-is it never worked before this way-which was why I came up with the renaming thing-strange stuff! In any case 1.1 will be here and the reports are it works fine-and the new features are fantastic.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif