Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Terrascene and Taxiways do not mix well

Guest pilotsim7828

I have a Problem;With terrscene does the global tile say 186,xxx have anything to do with blocking out the taxiways take a look and give me some ideas on how to correct for this, I htought I was so careful in snapping the lines correctlyEscpecailly the last Attachment, That tells the whole story !Thanks Jeff

Jeff,I have not had this problem making taxiways, though to be fair, I haven't made any taxiways for about a year now because of other projects. I hope someone can step in who's a more current user of Taxiway and give you some advice (or will recognize the issue).I can say that TerraScene has nothing to do with this. TerraScene simply replaces the ground textures with new textures, upon which database and scenery objects like runways and taxiways sit. The problem I run into from time to time is just the opposite - sometimes TerraScenery (which sits below taxiways, tarmacs and runways) will have details covered up by them because the placement of the taxiways wasn't accurate.Are you by any chance using TerraModels? TM has a wonderful new function that allows you to place textures "underneath" runways and taxiways (or above them) to give the airport a more realistic appearance. I'm guessing that an improperly placed No Z-Buffer object polygon may have been placed "above" part of your taxiway, blocking it out?

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

No randall;I dont even know about that in terramodels, New user your talking to on this subject.I just learn the hard way how to make taxiways useing what `s in the taxiway folder !thanks for your advice thoughJeff

Jeff,Though I really can't see how TS could have any effect, you might want to just remove (quickly set aside) the TS scenery pod for that area, then start Fly! and see whether there is any change. I would guess the problem would still be there, but at least you would be able to quickly eliminate (or confirm) any connection with TerraScene.

Randall Rocke

Guest Bart

when you taxi on the sunken taxiway does the plane stay on the ground or sink below it?...you might just need to flatten the airport.One thing I've found in doing the taxiways for alignment is to go to www.airnav.com, type in the airport ID and get the lat/lon coordinates. Go to Terrascene and grab the image using PSP and use that for the background image to build the taxiways and ramps and they usually line up pretty good as long as the runway in Fly is placed correctly. If it's off just a bit you can use Terramodels to scooch the taxiways and ramps to where you need them.c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks you guys are great in helping out a newbie at this type of program , I dont know what I would do without you all. Jeff