Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

After 3 years of Flying I finally saw the birds!!

Guest swathdiver

Was on a flight from LGA to SEA and around Montana did a viewing of other aircraft in the area. Around some of those planes were birds flying alone, in 2 and 3s and even big V-formations! I didn't even know FLY! had birds until I saw recently a posting about them.Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Hi,Why only once in three years?Sometimes I see them three times a week.BTW:It is possible to repaint them.Last year I did.Colored them yellow-green and blue.I had a lot parakees flying around.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest tonyc

Any clue as to what controls their frequency?tony

Guest Steve Brown

I see the birds quite a lot. So much so that at times they get in the way. No hits tho' so dont report me ;-)When you fire up fly, look carefully in the distance, sometimes they are a flock of dots.Steve.PS Never chase them!http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.JPG][/divMy United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+Viewhttp://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/avsim/bart.htm

Tony,In the fly.ini under the "SIM" section there is a linenumBirdFlocksPerQuadTile=2.Supposedly this sets the number of flocks per quad tile, so if you change the 2 to 4 this would double the number of flocks within the quad. I've played with this but can't say I've noticed much if any difference. Also if I recall correctly there was a post from Richard Harvey once where he indicated that the bird flocks within a quad were clustered near the airports so that to increase your chances of seeing birds you would have the best opportunity in a quad that had only one airport for them to "flock" near as opposed to several airports competing for a couple of bird flocks.Don

Guest tonyc

thanks, don. I had forgotten about that setting. As soon as I raised it to 8, I saw the birds flying around my airport. I counted the birds, and they were 8. So, I am not sure whether that number increases the frequency at which birds appear. When I saw them, I thought that an appropriate name for them would be, "the spirit of Richard".tony

Hi All,I've recently seen the birds too but wasn't quick enough to get a screenshot. It's been a long wait.:-cool