Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Wayne Robert: Request for updated SJC and new Moffet Field

Any chance you can update your KSJC to eliminate the black ground areas that "flash" when flying over?Also, Moffet field would be nice including the very large hangers - such landmarks when driving on 101 North. BTW: You'll have to fill in the ground a bit around Moffet. In the default San Fran ground scenery that comes with Fly!2, there is a "suburban homes" texture on the ground. FYI.Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

Yes, David, I can update SJC.If you are referring to Moffet Airstrip in North Dakota that airport would be difficult. There are no pictures and I would have to guess on what to place.

Moffet field is just off the 101 about 15 NM north of San Jose, CA. Its an old military airstrip. If you fly north from San Jose along the 101 (which is the highway that connects San Jose and San Francisco CA just along the shore of the Bay) you'll see it. The two runway strips are in Fly!2, but there are no taxiways or any models. I'll see if I can find anything on the Web with pix. If not, next time I'm in San Jose (should be a few weeks), I'll bring my digital camera and shoot a couple of shots of the very large hangers.This field is used when the president flies to the Bay Area since its basically closed to all flights except occasional dignitaries. I see some military aircraft parked there once in a while. No GA or Commercial.The reason for the request is b/c there are so many TM airports already completed, this would be a nice addition to that area.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

BTW: San Carlos and Oakland are two other Bay Area airports missing from that area. If you get in a Bay Area mood, I'd vote to fill these in.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

I would guess that the Moffet you are talking about is not in North Dakota. Do you know the FAA identifier or the FlyII identifier?