Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

New aircraft ready

Hi forumI have uploaded the staggerwing in the library. It shoud be ready anytime.This is a PC version as it requires a small DLL. I will release a MAC version in 2 days without the DLL. MAC user will only loose the ouside wind indicator.The plane is an exact replica of a real bird still in operation in UK.Hope you will enjoy it.Jean (ROTW)http://www.pixup.com/pub/fly/stag.jpg

Guest tonyc

I beat you to it, Jean. What a wonderful aircraft: it flies and handles beautifully. And the side view, well it's revolutionary.A quick question: sometimes, on the ground, I lose control with the rudder. the planes starts to turn to the right and opposite rudder does not have any effect. It usually happens when I am taxiing and making turns with full rudder.tony

Hi TonyWell congratulation on being the first.You should taxi at no more than 14-16 Kts and ensure that the backwheel is placated on the ground. This aircraft is very hight on wheel but not very wide and loose grip easily on sharp turn. Hope this is not a big trouble.Jean

Guest tonyc

I am sure my question was premature: it's a wonderful flyer. boy, landings and takeoffs are more fun than the mustang.tony

Guest spenik

Two days?! How on earth am I going to wait two days for such an outstanding work as this?If I must ,I must. ;-)

Guest Javier

OMG !!! :-eek simply incredible! This is a great Aspirin for someone like me that is waiting for the ATR to come... Not to mention MS FS2004 is comming out with a bunch of oldies, FLY will not loose ground thanks to the ROTW team.THANK YOU for another outstanding freeware!!

Guest Jan

Hello Jean.Wonderful aircraft.One with a soul :)But I got a crash to desktop.A missing PBG for the compass.I only gotto have a look at it by unpodding and removing the reference to thefiles.Am I the only one with that problem?Keep up the great work at the ROTW team.Jan

Hi JanYou need the stearman from TRI. The compass strip is part of it.It's available in the library.Jean

Hallo Jean,I am so happy with your new Staggerwing.Thank you very much for for making this airplane ( we knew from FLY! and fell in love with) for FLY2.Could not resist grabbing my brushes and make an impression ofthe Duke of Brabant Airforce Staggerwing.( still flying in Holland)What you see now is not really possible at this moment but , time can tell. :-lol Regards your FLY-friendLeen de Jagerhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/13839.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi LeenThanks.I hope you will repaint some liveries on this one. There are still a bunch of them flying out there.Jean

G'day Jean,Absolutely fantastic mate! A real classic Thanks for giving us this beautiful aircraft for Fly1 II. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi RogerLong time no new!What's your current projet now?GreetingJean

Hello JohnnyNo PC no fun!When are you going to update your site ?See youJean

Guest pac

Merci, Jean for the great vintage that is the Staggerwind. As i saw in the file library, the fly model and the planel are realy relistic.So i hope, as a poor mac user, i'll benefit all the possibilities that your model offers to PC user.Thanks again and i'm waiting patiently for the mac version.Regards.PACPM G3 B/W450 MHz, 512 SDRAMPCI ATI Readon 7000 Pro