Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

New aircraft ready

G'day Jean,I've been doing a fair bit more flying these days in the aircraft below. :-) Sydney is now fixed of the watery runway problem but as you can see it still requires populating with models so I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and get stuck into using 3ds Max. I retire at the end of this year so I'll have plenty of time. :-) Thank you for all your work for this sim Jean. Fly! II forever.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

>Hi forum>I have uploaded the staggerwing in the library. It shoud be>ready anytime.>This is a PC version as it requires a small DLL. I will>release a MAC version in 2 days without the DLL. MAC user>will only loose the ouside wind indicator.>The plane is an exact replica of a real bird still in>operation in UK.>Hope you will enjoy it.>>Jean (ROTW)It looks fantastic and I'd love to fly it, but during or short after takeoff the engine stutters or stops. When I get in the air it turns left continuously.What could be wrong?I use the last update and have Stearman installed.Regards,Gerard van Beusekom

Hi GerardSometime, I wonder why we wrote a user manual :-violin You should open the trap oil to cool the oil. This is a simulated feature. Overheating the engine makes it misfire and stop.Now, we have also simulated the prop torque effect, so you have to compensate until good speed is reached.Jean

Guest spenik

As another word on that engine, It is the most finickey peice of machinery I have had the opertunity to coax to life. I Had to try to start it fifteen times or so Before I got it right. But I confess that I did read the user manuel :-) and I read about the oil cooling trap. By the way, Does ROTW intend to make any other taildragers? I sipmly love the fogivness on overly-boched-decided-not-to-go-around landings! I think That taildraggers are a lost Idea to be sure, but so much fun to fly!

>Hi Gerard>Sometime, I wonder why we wrote a user manual :-violin >You should open the trap oil to cool the oil. This is a>simulated feature. Overheating the engine makes it misfire and>stop.>Now, we have also simulated the prop torque effect, so you>have to compensate until good speed is reached.>>Jean>Hello JeanThank you very much for your directions.I apologize for not being an engineer. So I did read the manual but didn't understand that this part of the starting procedure was the only step that had to be done that had to be done manually.I guess that with manifold(25) instrument 7 is meant. And I'm studying How to reach 140 kts.Playing with propeller (33) seems to help.Gerard

Guest Josve

Hi Jean!I'm going to update my site in about a week or so.I now have almost all programs up and running,and I now just have to copy all my site down to my puter again so I can continue the work.The site is almost 100mb and quite a lot of files :) so it's a huge work to get it all back down and to get the structure right again.I'm also building a new puter......:)Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div

That's good news. There are so few FLY sites and your"s is a good one for international audience.Jean

Guest Josve

Hello again!I now have updated my helo page.........More to come :)My front page got a bit messed up,but I'll try to fix it somehow.So you just have to be a little patient until I have collected and categorized all the stuff!!The Stagger will be next out :)Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div