Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Wrong time to ask a question!

Guest Bart

Friend from work wanted to experience some night flying so we grabbed ole N73891 and went up last night. We took off from Blueash just before sunset, flew out over Shandon, Ohio, buzzed the ole homestead. The kids were in the backyard playing so we did a "turns around the homestead" manuver and wiggled the wings when we headed south for Aurora.We landed at Frankfort just at dusk, landing light blew about 20 feet above the runway, Dan didn't notice it so I didn't say anything, didn't want to worry him before the Sonic Burger feast!Coming back over the blackness that is Northern Kentucky at night, Dan who is interested in starting to take his PPL training asked how often emergency procudres are practiced, I told him " well...we're actually going to practice one when we get back to Blueash tonight"All went well and Dan is rearin' to go again. Said he was going to bring a BIG flashlight with him next time tho!!! c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

you a real pilot, bart? and also how many people in this forum are real pilots. im trying to get an idea

that's awesome. i'm starting my piston helicopter ratin. were using schweizers up here at university of north dakota. where are you training?

Guest Bart

I fly out of Blueash (ISZ) in Cincinnati, Ohio. FBO is Schmidt Aviation www.schmidtaviation.comThey have an airshow at Blueash this weekend, going to volunteer on the flightline on Saturday. Last night while waiting for 891 to get back from a training flight a T-6, 2 Eagles and an Extra 300 landed, nothing like feeling the ground and your inards shake when a T-6 goes over!I'll post some pics from the show next week.c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Bart,Can't come down to the show this year, as I have to get ready for our trip.I doubt that we'll be leaving town this early next year - if Blue Ash does another show in '04, I'll be there with bells on!

Randall Rocke

Guest dajackman

Working on my PPL also. Got about 45 hours. I hope to take the written soon. I'm currently working on the check ride. We here on the east coast have been having too much rain lately. Anyway, flying rocks!!

Guest pilotsim7828

Hello Dauphinman;I also am a pilot,Since 1994,10 hours to go on insturments & 12 hours to go till commercial ratingI really dont think a landing light out is an emergency, Just a hinderance, Radio failure, and navigation radios were out, when i flew from Okalahoma to Texas, At night, All of us were flying formation the other two a/c had wheel pants on that, left me behind to deal with flying at night with nothing to guide me except the lights of the towns, Still even that was not a real emergency, The only emergency I had , Was at night when Coming back from Kabi. Direct Kftw ( abilene >fort worth ).Temprature and dewpoint were the same over KMWL forcast was ...Bkn 3000`Ovc 6000`Then I ask The pilot flying the plane ?WHY ARE WE IN CLOUDS ?as I was the saftey pilot, I took over and flew Instruments back from KMWL > KABI ..not going home soon tonight!Climbing from 2800` No radio contact with KDFW tracon, Although an American Eagle flight was monitoring 121.50 ,Climbing higher to over 6000` still in clouds, Until we were 20 N.M. from Kabi. Then Clear Skies !!!Now Ihad at the time ,20 hrs of instruments, NOT A GOOD thing for a student pilot to have before He is ready . But that is what saved my life, INSTURMENTS...Jeff Akinsaka; Pilotsim7828