Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

So many taxiways not aligning with runways

I am certain there must be something wrong with my install of Fly!2. I am constantly finding that my taxiways are disconnected from parts of runways. This occurs at many airports where the author of TerraModels scenery has given updated taxiway files -- it would seem to me that if the author created these, the author verified that all taxiways align with runways. So therefore I must be the source of the problem. I am thinking it may be time for a full re-install from CD. But before doing so (as it will require a significant amount of effort to re-build all the customizations, does anyone have the "magic bullet" to this one? -DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Steve Brown

Hi DaveI did have this problem once and it was due to the way I was unzipping the scenery files after downloading. What I was doing was opening the zip file and dragging the contents into the required folder. This corrupted the files somehow. Now I just unzip the files on my desktop work folder and then cut and paste them.This may not be your error at all Dave, but I thought I would share it anyway.Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.JPG][/divMy United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+Viewhttp://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/avsim/bart.htm

Thanks, but this has happened too many times for me to think this is the nature of the problem. I'll test your theory, but I'm not too confident this is going to solve it.But please keep the suggestions coming. I appreciate the attempt.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Colins2

DavidIt's highly unlikely that a re-install will do anything other than waste your time!It sounds to me that Fly! is reading the default taxiway files and not the 3rd party developers' files.Some of the default taxiway files are not very accurate, in fact I would guess that most of them were simply carried over from Fly!1.The other point is if there were any dex files contained in the sceneries. Maybe they haven't been applied properly.Colin

The next few times I fly, I will keep a list of taxiways that are not centered. I know off hand that my install of KPHN and KBTV are definately off center. Those I know b/c I just flew that flight plan over the weekend and noticed it.But this is much more widespread. I would say 30% of runways I land on have off-center taxiways.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Just noticed EIDW where I have customer TM scenery from the AVSIM library. Taxiways are waaaaaayyyyyy off. Anyone else with this problem?-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Here's another. I am using Wayne's KOAK and I have to believe he fully tested the connections. Notice the disconnects just behind where I took off....-DKhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/17915.jpg----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

David, I did not create any taxiways for KOAK. Those are the defaults.If an airport has taxiways I leave them alone.

Sorry Wayne. My bad. But to my point in the original post, I seem to have lots of these and here is a perfect example of an airport with default taxiways where the runways and taxiways don't line up.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.