Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

More "Around the world flight" progress

Guest spenik

Hello again! I have not worked on my flight for a long time. Having too much fun testing out the Staggerwing! But now I have resumed my flights.Leg eight is behind me! I am now at Bismark, N.Dakota. Found a interesting feature on the PcXII too. If you program a destination on the GPS, and press the Nav selector on the HSI controlls, you will come to a fm(something, can't remember) and it will track the destination airport on the 360 HSI! It's nifty!

Guest swathdiver

FMS- Flight Management System. I use it all the time. Just wish I could put the weather radar on it and the storms show up.Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest spenik

I think the Title of this message says it all. I just landed at Hector Intl N.Dakota.Next stop will be in Minnesota!

Guest spenik

Hello again Steve! Actually I had breakfeast over this one. And no, It wasn't packed. I was a bad boy and let the auto-pilot cruise at 10,000ft. for a few minuets while I whent into the back of the plane and helped mom make my sandwich, or should I say, butty. Depends though, Can a sandwich be called a butty even if it has left-over hamberger and cheese in it, or does it have to be butter and jam? :-violin

Guest spenik

Yes, I have finished the tenth leg of my round-the-world flight at last! As the title indicates I have only 53 more stops before it will be complete, but Thats closer then i have ever been before!My next ten stops will almost all be in Canada, only one in Michigan. After that ten though, It will be of to Greenland! and into the UK! But thats a long ways away, for now...

Guest spenik

This is probably my most significant leg yet! I have landed in a foreign country! Namely Canada! Slowly but Surely I am making progress twords the east coast, I have made that my short term goal being that the other side of the world just seems too far away. A big thanks to all thouse who have kept me going this long with their suport!

Guest spenik

Hello everyone! I just tried to land at Sawyer Intl Michigan, but found that the run way is some twenty feet of the ground! I heard a post about this sort of thing some time ago, and I thought somebody might like to know.Untill this is fixed I am going to re-route a different airport in place of Sawyer Intl. Probably somthing in Canada, but I am not sure yet.Keep on Fly!ing

Guest Eagle

Good to know that you are having fun at this. I started an around the world flight plan at one time. It was one that could be accomplished in a single engine aircraft. Think I will dust it off and finish.I too have autopilot on my motorhome. It is used when I need to fix a sandwich or get a drink.