Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Looking for Wayne Roberts

Hello Wayne,I wanted to thank you for all your fine work on your scenery projects. I sent you an email about asking you if you would be interested in revamping your Scenery for the FXE Ft. Lauderdale Executive airport. I have a beautiful aerial photo that Banyan air with is one of the major FBO at the airport give out for free which is a great photo. I was hoping you would make this one of your super projects that you could detail nicely. I myself have done some Scenery in the past for this forum, But I cannot seem to understand the Terrascene/Terramodels well enough to start creating more airports and that is why I am coming to you. If there is anyway you could email where we could make arrangements for me to get this photo to you it would be much appreciated. My email address is Studman495@Aol.ComMy other question is I remember in the fly2 scenery editor you can see you scenery in 3d as you build is there a way in terrascene that lets you see what you are laying out and you create it alsoRegards Dave

Dave,Are you by any chance confusing TerraScene and TerraModels? TerraScene "recreates" the actual landscape of scenery from known digital geographic data (elevations, flora, streams, rivers, lakes streets, highways, deserts, beaches, industrial parks, agriculture, etc.) to give an approximation of the real scene's appearance in Fly! If you have really detailed and accurate data (like the USGS), TerraScene can even allow you to practice a VFR flight or approach and recognize the landmarks in the RW. No 3D models (buildings, etc.) are created with TerraScene, though textures may be rendered to approximate the appearance of a city or suburb as it may appear from on high.You cannot "preview" TerraScenery in the normal sense, but you can render the images first wihout slicing and podding the scenery. After the rendering is over, close TS and open the images in a photo-editing program like Photoshop. Now, you can "preview" what your scenery will look like, as these images are what the scenery will be sliced from by the Fly! slicer. You can even edit and correct areas of the scenery by editing these images. Whatever you do here will be included when the scenery is sliced.TerraModels is a 3D-modeling program that can be used in place of (or with) Fly! II's Scenery Editor to make object-based scenery (hangars, trees, city buildings, fences, signs, etc.). It allows you to quickly create a "simplistic" version of an airport or city that approximates the RW, but is not so detailed as to greatly reduce frame rates.

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

Hi Randall.I can do FFA and remove the trees from the water. Did you say something about an underlay for the airport? Let me know if you need the file before uploading to AVSIM.

Hi Wayne,I will be making underlays for the airport and the memorial mound sometime this week. I would be happy to send the files and folders to you if you want to include them in the pod - or, I can simply upload them as a separate package.Besides the trees, you may want to move the monument to it's place on the hill - also, the housing and parking areas could now be aligned with the actual streets. ;-)

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

I had noticed those and will make the changes. If you are going to upload another version of the area I will wait and make another airport after your new file.