Sign in to follow this  

ATI Radeon graphic card problem

Hello everyboddy. I just bought a new computer with a ATI Radeon 9500 PRO graphic-card. The problem is that it doesent work with FLY 2. Does anyone know what to do. I have tried with both the video patches without solving the problem. Thanks fpr your help.

Hi.Compare your "render.ini" with mine. This works fine. Replace <> with brackets. Vertex format may be the problem. TVmipLevelCount=1vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0maxTextures32=10maxTextures32_565=124maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=420maxTextures256=80maxTextures256_565=120maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=8maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896maxTextures64=64maxTextures256_565=0maxTextures256_565=80

You're right. The VertexIndexFormat value is the key for success. After changing it, everything works alright, at least on my PC.Thanks for the render.ini.BTW Which FSAA settings have you chosen on the OpenGL and the Direct3D tabs of the Catalyst tool?Any idea how I can avoid the flickering of scenery parts such as buildings etc. on airports when seen from the air?

Hi.I, use 4x and 8x for a good compromise. You can go higher but there is quite a performance drop, at least for me. I had better results, from the visual stand point, with my NVidia, at he the same setting, but the overall performance is slightly better with the ATI. To get the same clarity, look at a long road / line, I have to go to 16X with the ATI. TV

Guest chezz

Hi I have the same graphic card what's your average FPS with all slider maxed out except AI. I'm getting 30FPS cockpit (around airport) view and 30-40 external view with FSSA 4X ANISO 16X. When flying in clouds 20 FPS. With detailed sceneries with buildings 18 FPS. chrisrpll

Hi.I get between 25-55 in cockpit, 23-45 Tower /external, view TS scenery. All maxed, Clouds 2 layers. I use 4 and 8. TV

Hi.I don't have a positive answer for you, but I would think that most of the cards / GPUs will work. I had it in lap tops, ATIs, NVidia etc. Give it a try. Maybe someone has your exact card and will jump in here. TV

Hello this i Josef who wrote subscribed the problem. Thanks for your help it worked. The simulator have never worked better. Josef.