Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Enhanced TerraScene status (v. 2)

Guest tonyc

very, very nice, Pascal.tony

Woah, are you going to release that when it's done?I haven't seen anything like that before.Very neat.Pieter

Guest pac

That is just amazing!I've never seen such a realistic senery, hope to fly there soon.Regards, PAC

Guest WilliamD

Very nice, Pascal. I tried following your tutorial because I love the over-all effect, but it was way over my head. I've been hoping that you would be able to stream-line the process for us.You mention that you have created a Photoshop plug-in. Is this something that you plan to market? Would it work on Randall Rocke's scenery packs for Ohio and the Carolinas, or the ROTW's French sceneries? It would be great to have seamless scenery of this quality and beauty for the whole USA and France.

Guest Javier

WOW! Looks great!! keep it up Pascal!! I don't see any "Darkness" in your scenery, maybe the "darkness" is that your scenery is not for "the other" sim. Maybe the answer for such darkness is here:>>>These are the first renders, please consider this as a very early beta!<<

William, thanks for your interest!I developped a PS plugin for the bump mapping effect. I will share it if someone feels the need! And I will share the elevation maps needed by the plugin. These where indeed the hardest part to do.I have done some work on the base Fly! II textures too, but I don't think I would be allowed to distribute them, even modified.But this is not the time yet, and I won't upload anything before the scenery itself. I will certainly do more than one globe tile around Seattle.Cheers!Pascal

Thanks PAC, Steve and Javier for the kind comments!I'm a bit in a hurry right now, and I will be gone for two weeks. Sorry if I can't give more details right now. ;-)Enjoy Fly!ing!!! :-)Pascal

Guest WilliamD

Thanks Pascal. I'll look forward to your scenery sets.